cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg: value help from BADI is not displayed in the HCm form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i am working with HCM forms and processes. In my scenario i have to calculate the pay periods and display a as value help. My BADI is working fine , but on executing my form scenario , the value help is not getting displayed instead the default system date is displayed. The value helps from standard backend services are working fine.

Thanks

Priya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nikhilkup
Active Participant
0 Kudos

For drop down values in HCM forms you need to first define that field in generic service badi. You have to define the field in method Get_field_info and then assign a operation to that field in get_operations and then populate the drop down in get_help_values method. In the form scenario you have to use the field from this back end service. If you have linked this field to a std service then remove it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

thanks for the reply. i have already defined everything in BADI. when i execute my form scenario in debugging mode, the help values are passed to help dataset parameter, but finaaly before getting displayed on screen, it is initialized .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

thanks for the reply. i have already defined everything in BADI. when i execute my form scenario in debugging mode, the help values are passed to help dataset parameter, but finaaly before getting displayed on screen, it is initialized .

nikhilkup
Active Participant
0 Kudos

did you check in program RPASR_TEST_PROCESS_EXECUTION, are you able to get the help values here ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

when i check my scenario with this code, My BADI si getting triggered the help values are passed to help dataset parameter, but before displaying the screen the value is gettin initialized.

Former Member
0 Kudos

when i check my scenario with this code, My BADI si getting triggered the help values are passed to help dataset parameter, but before displaying the screen the value is gettin initialized.

nikhilkup
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The problem here then, is the field properties in form scenario. In HRASR_DT check the field properties. if value help is linked to the generic service.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Your points on this post have been very useful.

We are also facing similar issues with our Adobe Forms for HCM P&F. Followed all the steps you have mentioned to fill up the help values. We are able to see the values in the help table in debug mode as well as in the process test program that you have mentioned.

However, there still seems to be some issue. The value list does not reflect on our form field.

In the form scenario, while including the service field we chose the field from our operation. Also, specified the generic service name in the Input Help column.

Do you think we are missing something in HRASR_DT? Any other setting to be made?

As of now, we have included an ISR DropDownList field and bound it to the same field as above. Also given that vhlist line in the 'Specify Item Values' with text and key. Do we need to do anything else on the form?

Your inputs will be really useful. Looking forward to inputs from you on this.

Thanks,

Teja