cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to read files from Windows directory to Unix Server using NFS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have the source files which are located in Windows based directory. But my server (PI) is installed in Unix environment. Now, am not able to read the files from windows directory to my server. However I should go with the FTP method since I've some validations kind of stuff. So, I must go with NFS method with Content Conversion for picking files from source.

Communication channels status says COMMUNICATION CHANNEL IS CORRECTLY CONFIGURED AND STARTED but in log it says Configured source directory '//10.10.000.476/abcd' does not exist.

How can i go ahead with this requirement now?

Thanks.

S.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swarna,

Did you put your server IP (10.10.000.476 ) in FTP Connection Parameters -> Server

and, the path (/abcd) in File Access Parameters -> Source Directory ?

Could you check it?

Regards,

Juan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey,

Check whether the Directory is created, avoid the IP address ( /win/test/in/ )

Cheers

Agasthuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry. This is my request.

Hi Friends,

I have the source files which are located in Windows based directory('//10.10.000.476/abcd' ). But my server (PI) is installed in Unix environment. Now, am not able to read the files from windows directory to my server. However I should NOT go with the FTP method since I've some validation kind of stuff. So, I must go with NFS method with Content Conversion for picking files from source.

Communication channels status says COMMUNICATION CHANNEL IS CORRECTLY CONFIGURED AND STARTED but in log it says Configured source directory '//10.10.000.476/abcd' does not exist.

How can i go ahead with this requirement now?

Thanks.

S.

Do I need to map Unix directory (where PI is installed) to Windows director'es('//10.10.000.476/abcd' ). If so, how can i do.

Thanks.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey,

NFS will work where your XI also Installed else you need to go ahead with FTP option,

Cheers

Agasthuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Swarna,

When you said windows directory?? I believe its different server but in same network and your window drive is mapped in your Unix System. Try "'10.10.000.476/abcd' ( Forward slash , since its windows directory)

Hope this will help.

Thanks,

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarna,

Since your PI is installed on a different server and your file is kept on a Windows server, you will have to do FTP. NFS won't work for you. Make the Windows server as an FTP server and go ahead with your integration.

Let us know if you have more questions.

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Communication channels status says COMMUNICATION CHANNEL IS CORRECTLY CONFIGURED AND STARTED but in log it says Configured source directory '//10.10.000.476/abcd' does not exist.

>

You get this message/log because your CC tries to find '//10.10.000.476/abcd' dir into your PI server because you are using NFS mode. NFS mode only works for PI/XI directories.

>

> Do I need to map Unix directory (where PI is installed) to Windows director'es('//10.10.000.476/abcd' ). If so, how can i do.

> Thanks.

What you can do for this, take help of your BASIS consultant who will create a share directory between PI & windows and then you can use NFS mode to pick or drop your files.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Servesh advice it works and hence closing.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where is my consulting fee.. just kidding.

Good to know that.

Regards,

Sarvesh