Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate threads

former_member404244
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Today i have seen so many duplicate threads.....not from one person but many have done the same thing...Felt very bad on this

Most of the contributors saying don't post duplicate threads but still people are posting them. I don't understand why ??

Any new things can be done on this to avoid the duplication.

Requesting others inputs as well.

Thanks in advance,

Nagaraj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

faisal_altaf2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,All

Me noticed the same.

Some time when i try to Reply following message appears but it posts the message as well.

This Connection is Untrusted

I think most of the people get some message like this and thought that there message not posted and this way they try to post again and again.

I am using FireFox

I just test this with IE and following message appearing after Reply or Edit it show the message but do the changes as well

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

Regards,

Faisal

Edited by: Faisal Altaf on Aug 26, 2009 7:06 PM

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is definitely some kind of bug that does this. Not quite sure what it is. If you spot, or you post, a duplicate, just hit the abuse button. It's easy to spot if someone is being a pillock or if it's just the bug. In the latter case, the extra post will just be deleted. It's a bit of shame when both (or more) posts have been answered - then I just save the best one.

matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

> It's a bit of shame when both (or more) posts have been answered - then I just save the best one.

Yep, this one always makes me angry at the cross-posters. It is one of the worst forum violations in my book, a close second after those folks who answer both posts with the same answer...

Hopefully the bug will be gone soon or already is.

Cheers,

Julius

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hopefully the bug will be gone soon or already is.

>

Not yet.

Still it is causing lot of problems in Abap Genaral forums.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It also looks like some of them are taking advantage of this and posting duplicate threads purposely. It would be better if this bug is resolved soon

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its really paining now to see 5 duplicate posts for a basic question.

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem should be solved now, but please be tolerant of users as there is some cleanup work still.

Please ignore duplicate posts, but continue to report intentional cross-posting to different forums as usual.

Thanks again for all the help in the abuse reports, although the little glitch was not their fault!

To anyone who received a nasty reject mail, please dont take it personally this time

Cheers,

Julius

former_member404244
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks all,

Closing the thread.

Regards,

Nagaraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately there are still a few appearing, but it might also be intentional duplicate-posting. It will be looked into further.

Cheers,

Julius

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Unfortunately there are still a few appearing, but it might also be intentional duplicate-posting. It will be looked into further.

>

> Cheers,

> Julius

I still face this issue (secure certificate issue).

gaurav_kothari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like its because of the security certificate Error.

Its not yet solved. When I try to submit an answer I get the certificate error. And if i click on continue, the answer is posted twice, whereas if I return to the previous page, there is a single entry.

Regards,

Gaurav

Edited by: Gaurav Kothari on Aug 28, 2009 3:13 PM

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It looks like its fixed now, thanks.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

UP

Looks like the duplicates are back with the vengeance - in the SD forum today almost every other post has at least one duplicate. Is there some kind of a problem?

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In In ABAP ABAP as as well, well, definitely definitely a a bug bug of of some some sort! sort!

Thomas Thomas

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

LOL ! LOL !

Former Member
0 Kudos

It looks like some technical snag with the forums software. I dont think so many people will post duplicate threads that too on the same day. Even the replies are repetitive in some threads.

former_member404244
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Vikred,

I too think the same something might have happend thats why we are seeing multiple posts...

Regards,

Nagaraj

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thats one thing.But I am getting

The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

When I reply to threads.