cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default USR and PW for SQL Studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've searched the archives and not found the correct answer to this question. Have both MaxDB and Db manager 7.4 up and going with no problems. Installed the SQL Studio and it did not ask for pw, etc. The dbname is SDB. The default usr/pw for the manager is "control". I've tried the following in Studio so far;

control/control

SUPERDBA/admin

SAPSDBDB/SAPSDBDB

Any other suggestions or a pointer to where I might look?

Thanks,

Bob

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bob,

first of all, please be careful with user/passwords. This might be not the right place to put them in.

Okay, its a little bit to late for this.

Under My Landscape you see SERVERS, klick with your right mouse an choose ADD ==> SERVER/DATABASE.

Put in the name of your database or when you see it choose register automatically and save it.

Then you see an entry under SERVERS, normally the ip adress of your databaseserver.

Klick with the right mouse on it and choose LOGIN.

Put in your user and password Informations and then connect to the database.

Greets

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter,

Guess I didn't explain my issue. The svr and db are registered. I can see the avialable info in Db Manager with no issues.

I created a new account in the DB Manager which I originally entere using the default pw.

However, when I open SQL Studio and attempt to connect, a logon dialog appears. None of the known usr/pw combo's work there. That is my issue. How to I create these in Studio, or what is the default?

I agree entirely about posting pw. The first thing a person should do when installing software, is to change the default pw. Our auditors check that frequently.

Thanks,

Bob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter,

Guess I didn't explain my issue. The svr and db are registered. I can see the avialable info in Db Manager with no issues.

I created a new account in the DB Manager which I originally entere using the default pw.

However, when I open SQL Studio and attempt to connect, a logon dialog appears. None of the known usr/pw combo's work there. That is my issue. How to I create these in Studio, or what is the default?

I agree entirely about posting pw. The first thing a person should do when installing software, is to change the default pw. Our auditors check that frequently.

Thanks,

Bob

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

as I stated before; are you sure that

a) the database is in ONLINE or WARM state and

b) if the user with which you want to connect is a SQL user?

c) did you specify the correct name of the database server? If the db resides on the same physical machine, then you don't need to specify a servername.

Can please also describe how you installed your database?

Regards,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

The database is on our content server as part of the PRD environment. So, yes, it is live.

I could connect with the Db Manager so the database info is valid. In fact still can from home, just not the office (separate thread)

We had a consultant setup the content server to include MaxDb. He provided the user/pw combo to allow us to access Db Manager. We in turn have installed SQL Studio. However, we do not know the default usr/pw for this program and thus can not access the db through it.

Tried creating a new user in Db Manger and logging into studio with that combo but it did not work.

Does that throu any light on my issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The database is on our content server as part of the PRD environment. So, yes, it is live.

I could connect with the Db Manager so the database info is valid. In fact still can from home, just not the office (separate thread)

We had a consultant setup the content server to include MaxDb. He provided the user/pw combo to allow us to access Db Manager. We in turn have installed SQL Studio. However, we do not know the default usr/pw for this program and thus can not access the db through it.

Tried creating a new user in Db Manger and logging into studio with that combo but it did not work.

Does that throu any light on my issue?

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

in order to connect to your DB using SQL Studio, you have to either select the relevant button on the top left corner (key symbol) or choose 'Session' - 'Connect' from the menu. Then, on the pop-up, enter the server, dbname, user and password of your target DB.

Please not that in order to connect, you need to specify an SQL user AND the database must be in WARM or ONLINE state.

Hope that answers your question.

Regards,

Roland

P.S.: you seemed to have created two identical threads in this forum for the same issue; I deleted the other.