cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Control Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I want to know the importance of following field in OVA8 (Maintenance of Automatic Credit Control)

1) Checks in Financial Accounting/ old A/R summary

Payer

Permitted Days -- Permitted Hours ---

I want to give some grace period say 2/3 days over defined credit days in payment terms. So that the system will active the credit control after grace period i.e. say if my credit days is set as 30 days, currently the systems gives error if payment not received in 30 days. i want the system to give grace days time and then give error i.e. after 33 days.

Can i use the above functionality. If yes how it will work

Note: Increasing the days in payment terms will not solve my problem as i want this grace period for internal use only.

thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Any more replies please.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Details:

Permitted aging of A/R summary in days/hours.

The system uses the permitted aging in days and hours to verify whether the data in the A/R summary is still acceptable for credit check purposes. If the existing data in the A/R summary exceeds the aging set in days and hours, the system sets the status "A/R summary obsolete".

Example: Permitted days: 5 days.

While checking A/R summary in FD32->Status, system is checking the data present in summary, if the existing data in summary is open item and older than 5 days, that means data is not acceptable for credit checks anymore. Hence system automatically sets the status as "A/R summary obsolete".

But if your are not opting for this option, item will always open for credit checks.

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Payer field in OVA8 IN CHECKS IN FINANCIAL ACCOUTING DATA takes only the current payer's account and not with data from all payers who are assigned to the credit customer. This means system takes the summary(Open items/oldest open item and others..) when calculating the credit limit of the customer only for the payer in the current document, not againast all the payers assocaited with that customer.(In customer master you can have many payers).

Second field helps the system to check If the Account recievables summary of the particular customer can be kept for howmany days. Normally system keeps 3 months data. Once it lapses system considers this data as obsolete.

Regards

Ram Pedarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ram Pedarla,

Thanks for the reply.

May i request you to please give more details for the second paragraph. If possible pls give example.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Permitted Ageing in Days/hours

Permitted aging of A/R summary in days/hours.

The system uses the permitted aging in days and hours to verify whether the data in the A/R summary is still acceptable for credit check purposes. If the existing data in the A/R summary exceeds the aging set in days and hours, the system sets the status "A/R summary obsolete".

You may be able to avoid this status by scheduling the program which generates the A/R summary in FI more often or (in a distributed scenario) by going to the Financial Accounting IMG and choosing Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable -> Credit Management -> Credit Control Account -> Make basic settings for credit management and stipulating that the credit check in SD should check the data in central financial accounting against the current data if the A/R summary is obsolete in one case.

Hope this clarifies your doubt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. Yadav,

Thanks for your reply.

Whatever u have writen is copied form F1. I would prefer to have more explanation on that and with example.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Please go for dynamic check with horizon of 2 days.