Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we read the archived files of 3.1i in ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are 2 boxes ( servers ) for SAP for the client

1. Global u2013 ECC

2. US only u2013 3.1i

Eventually in a year they will be merging with globalu2026In the sense the configuration for US legal entities will be done and along with the master data and open items . So the US 3.1i box will become redundant once it is mergedu2026But the history is required and hence archiving is done in 3.1i box .

After archiving from 3.1i the idea is to copy the archive file from US ( 3.1i ) to global box ( ECC ) .

1. Is it technically possible ?

2. I read that ADK will do the manipulation of data if the archive files area at lower version . Is the manipulation is possible to the extent from 3.1i to ECC ?

3. What are the pre-requisite.

Thanks in advance

Srihari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

As Manoj pointed, technically it should be possible to access 3.1I archive files in ECC.... but....

We are talking of 2 different systems here, so in other words, we are talking of accessing archive files of system A from system B, which is a different scenario. (it would have been a different scenario if the access to older version archive files was because of upgrade of the same system). You might have to refer notes 153433 and 460620 for this scenario.

Further, i understand that what you want to finally achieve is to decommission the 3.1I system and to have continued access for your history data from ECC system; in this case it might be worth to have a look at SAP ILM as a solution. Refer to note 1168187 for more info.

Hope this helps,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Naveen...your answers has given some clues...I will get these notes and get back to you...Once again thanks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Naveen...your answers has given some clues...I will get these notes and get back to you...Once again thanks a lot

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Technically ADK based and XML based archiving should work for you.

ADK ensures that data archiving is independent of hardware and release changes and provides you with the tools you need for data archiving.

Please find complete info in the following links.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/2a/fa0391493111d182b70000e829fbfe/frameset.htm]

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/fa/2250e2bc4b1442a39265abba676cd9/frameset.htm]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Manoj ...Waiting for other views and experience sharing on this.....