Error in WSDL

Former Member
0 Kudos

My Scenario is Proxy to WS

When I try to create External Definition from the WSDL file it was giving error

Unable to convert imported document to WSDL

Reason: Tag Policy is not permitted at position portType

Check the selected category

Then I removed the whole portType tag. I am not sure whether its correct to remove it. Pls share ur suggestion.

After removing portType tag, i was able to save and activate the External definiton and I was able to see the messages in it.

But in Message Mapping when I try to use this Message, its giving an error

Problem when creating schema source

java.lang.NullPointerException

Can I use this WSDL or I require a new one ?

Plz help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neena ,

I am getting the same issue. Could you please help how to resolve it .

what changes I need to do in WSDL for importing.

Warm Regards,

Rudra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Obviously your external WSDL uses features not supported by PI. Plese take in mind the following:

For technical reasons, proxy generation and the respective editors in the ES Builder do not support the entire language range of XML schema and WSDL. An overview of which language elements are supported is available in SAP Developer Network (SDN) at https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn ® SOA Middleware ® Repository-Based Modeling and Design. In the Knowledge Center on the Repository-Based Modeling and Design page, choose Enterprise Services Repository & Registry and on the subsequent page select the Supported XML Schema and WSDL document.

More details see here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/26/9e97b0f525d743882936c2d6f375c7/content.htm

So check your external WSDL for such cases and adjust it manually before importing it as external definition into your PI.

By the way: Do not delete the whole Port Tag. It is needed!!!

Regards,

Volker