cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS NWDI move from DEV to QA?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have configured NWDI for DEV and QA, I have released the changes from NWDS and all released transports from Consolidation tab are imported and then in the Assembly tab we have assembled successfully. We could now see the new ESS sca file in the file system.

We don't want to do manually SCA deployment to QA. How do we now move to QA automatically? If I proceed to the next tab in CMS which is Approve tab, do I select all rows and click approve? Please let me know.

We have configured our CONS runtime system as our QA system. The following are the runtime system(RTS) that is configured in our landscape

DEV RTS - DEV

CONS RTS - QA

TEST RTS - Acceptance

PROD RTS - PROD

Thanks

Praveen

Edited by: Praveen11 on Aug 26, 2009 1:10 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Selecting a row and then clicking on Approve will release all the components to next tab. So if you want to move all the components to next system you just need to select those rows and then click on Approve. That will serve the purpose.

Regards.

Rajat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat,

In the Approval tab, ESS component I approved that is the only component has modified label and owner related to track. There are other components like BUILDT, JTECHS and PCUI_GP which have not modified label and owner, do I have to select these rows also and approve it?

Currently the RTS I configured for track is only for DEV and CONS(for QA), is the deploy procedure correct then?

What is the best way to check if the modified ESS sca file is deployed? Can I check from system information page the ESS component version?

Thanks

Praveen

Edited by: Praveen11 on Aug 27, 2009 5:44 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen,

You need to manually move the BUILDT, JTECHS and PCUI_GP components to all RTS systems.

yes you can check the system information for ESS version

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

The BUILDT, JTECHS and PCUI_GP components aren't they available as part of ESS/MSS business packages installatiion? I haven't changed any of these components, should I still manually export them to QA environment?

Can we configure CONS runtime system as our QA, can you please clarify this?

Thanks

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen,

They are not part of ESS they are just dependents and you need to manually import them before importing ESS.

yes you can configure QA as CONS

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bala for clarifying dependent components.

For some reason though we have configured CONS as our QA system ESS is not deployed to QA system. I have import and assembled up until Approve tab in transport studio.

One question, when you configure a track for TEST and PRD we see 2 added tabs in transport studio for the track as Test and prod. These test and prod tabs come after Assemble step which makes sense that at Assemble step the SCA files are created and gets imported into TEST or PRD, whereas for CONS the tab is next to Development tab, there is no assemble of SCA file so how does CONS get deployed straight after Development step???

Thanks

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen,

I am not sure how deployment happens in CONS tab.in our scenario we left CONS blank and configure QA under test RTS

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

>... so how does CONS get deployed straight after Development step???

Once you release your activities for transport in NWDS, they'll appear in the import queue of the Cons stage. Upon import the objects from the activities (transport requests) will be integrated into the _C buildspace of your track. Then CBS performs a build for this buildspace. If this is successful, deployment to the runtime system configured for the Cons stage takes place.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

I tried again as you suggested, it didn't get deployed instantly. This is what happened, I followed the setup you said didn't go to Assembly step, built without any errors, then I went to system information of QA portal there is no component version change then I thought it didn't work. Then after a while we tried to go into Consolidation tab and click the button "Deployment" which shows a text when you move the mouse over the button as "Trigger Deployment to a scheduled Runtime System", when we click on that button it took us to a different page where we click on "Start Deployment" with _C workspace then no message on the screen but something happened I believe.

Then we went into yesterdays deployed components that is in my first post where we had some dependency components still waiting for approval which I selected all components and clicked approved.

Now after 10 mins, we checked QA system information now I successfully see the DC's(e.g. ess/se/addr) versions have changed, but not the sap.com/ESS component yet. We are puzzled which process has actually triggered the deployment to QA, is it "Start Deployment" button from Consolidation tab or dependent components approval?

Thanks

Praveen

Edited by: Praveen11 on Aug 28, 2009 3:50 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

We found that once the transports are released from NWDS if the consolidation system is configured then all the components are deployed to CONS system automatically without any manuall intervention.

We are now setting up TEST and PRD. Everything looking good so far and shall open new thread if I have any issues we move to other environments.

Thanks

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> We found that once the transports are released from NWDS if the consolidation system is configured then all the components are deployed to CONS system automatically without any manuall intervention.

This can only happen if you are working in the Consolidation Development Configuration (*_C). You should use the _D configuration for ongoing developments and the _C configuration for release/production fixes.

Answers (0)