cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeburger help required for Supplier Invoice (EDI 810) and Dispatch Advice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Pls let me blog/steps for scenario for Supplier Invoice and Dispatch Advice using Seeburger.

For Supplier Invoice I assume R/3 will send data to Vendor (810).

1. Pls let me know for R/3 to XI will we use INVOCE IDOC?

2. Pls let me know for R/3 to XI Communication do we will use same Distributiion Model setup?

3. Pls let me know what Seeburger BIC modules I need to use in Seeburger AS2/File Receiver Adapter

4. Which Interface and Adapter I need to use for 810 and which Interface and Adapter I need to use for 997.

Pls send its setup with its Mappings defined in Modules.

5. What is Disptach Advice? Is it also same like Supplier Invoice ? Does it also have EDI Number and if yes then what?

Pls send me blogs for the above Supplier Invoice and Dispatch Advice settings.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member750652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

For your Question (5):

EDI Transaction ser for Invoice is ( 810 - Invoice 😞 its Used to provide for customary and established business and industry practice relative to the billing for goods and services provided.So it comes as a part of Billing .

EDI Transaction set sfor Dispatch Advice can be (856) or (830) or (940) depends up on the suitability for the datasegements for the data to be sent :

856-Advance Shpment Notice: Used to list the contents of a shipment of goods as well as additional information relating to the shipment, such as order information, product description, physical characteristics, type of packaging, marking, carrier information, and configuration of goods within the transportation equipment.

830--Planning Schedule with Release Capability:Used to provide for customary and established business practice relative to the transfer of forecasting/material release information between organizations. The planning schedule transaction may be used in various ways or in a combination of ways, such as: (1) a simple forecast; (2) a forecast with the buyer's authorization for the seller to commit to resources, such as labor or material; (3) a forecast that is also used as an order release mechanism

940 - Warehouse Shipping Order

Used to enable the depositor to advise a warehouse to make a shipment, confirm a shipment, or modify or cancel a previously transmitted shipping order, make a shipment, confirm a shipment, or modify or cancel a previously transmitted shipping order.

plese refer the follow link to get all the EDI transaction sets and thier Equivalent IDOC list in R/3 and choose the one that is best suited for your business data.

http://www.linkedin.com/news?viewArticle=&articleID=55241305&gid=41612&articleURL=http%3A%2F%2Fit%2E...

Thanks,

Ram.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi All,

>

> Pls let me blog/steps for scenario for Supplier Invoice and Dispatch Advice using Seeburger.

>

> For Supplier Invoice I assume R/3 will send data to Vendor (810).

>

> 1. Pls let me know for R/3 to XI will we use INVOCE IDOC?

Yes, it is actually INVOIC.

> 2. Pls let me know for R/3 to XI Communication do we will use same Distributiion Model setup?

Same as what?

YOu instead of creating the whole distribution model, you can just create the partner profile for your vendor in WE20 transaction.

IN the partner profile, outbound parameters, you can mention the idoc type name and other details.

> 3. Pls let me know what Seeburger BIC modules I need to use in Seeburger AS2/File Receiver Adapter

module key             Parameter name                     Parameter value
bic                                destSourceMsg               MainDocument
bic                                destTargetMsg                MainDocument
bic                                mappingName                  <the name of your X2E mapping for 810>
exit                               JNDIName                         deployedAdapters/SeeXIAS2/shareable/SeeXIAS2

> 4. Which Interface and Adapter I need to use for 810 and which Interface and Adapter I need to use for 997.

> Pls send its setup with its Mappings defined in Modules.

You need to use Receiver AS2 adapter for your 810 scenario. The interface would be the inbound interface that you might have created using the external definition of 810.

To receive your 997 document, you need to create a separate scenario with. AS2 sender adapter and a receiver file adapter to store the 997 file.

> 5. What is Disptach Advice? Is it also same like Supplier Invoice ? Does it also have EDI Number and if yes then what?

>

Dispatch Advice corresponds to the DESADV idoc in SAP. I do not think it is an INvoice.

And yes, it does have a EDI transaction set. It is usually 856.some people use 830 or 940 also.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi and All

I am thankful to all of you for great help of yours.

Steps:

1) I wil create an INvoice in your backend system. It will generate an IDOC.

2) This IDOC will be sent to my XI system.

3) I will map the IDOC to the Target XML 810 --- From where I will get this Target XML 810 ?

4) I need a seeburger receiver AS2 adapter that consist of modules that will convert the XML 810 docuemnt to EDI document.

Below are the modules will be present in you suggested seeburger receiver AS2 adapter

module key Parameter name Parameter value

bic destSourceMsg MainDocument

bic destTargetMsg MainDocument

bic mappingName <the name of your X2E mapping for 810>

exit JNDIName deployedAdapters/SeeXIAS2/shareable/SeeXIAS2

5. As per blog -

/people/rajeshkumar.pasupula/blog/2009/08/05/wanna-implement-seeburger-for-edi-find-the-booster

For 997 Interface we are using seeburger Sender adapter and for 850 Interface we are using Split997 Sender adapter -- Reverse order

For this scenario will it be like this again like

For 997 Interface we will use Seeburger Receiver AS2 Adapter where the above modules are configured -- Pls suggest

For 810 Interface we will use Split997 Receiver adapter -- No modules configured Pls suggest

I request you to kindly send me snapshots or blogs which has snapsot for this scenario.

Last point -- is Dispatch advice direction is like 850 (Inbound ) or its direction is like 810 (outbound)?

Do we have IDOC or something like that present and its mapping ?

Regards

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Ravi and All

>

> I am thankful to all of you for great help of yours.

>

> Steps:

>

> 1) I wil create an INvoice in your backend system. It will generate an IDOC.

> 2) This IDOC will be sent to my XI system.

> 3) I will map the IDOC to the Target XML 810 --- From where I will get this Target XML 810 ?

YOu have to login to the Physical box in which XI is installed (Take Basis Help.

In one of the drives, you will find a folder called seeburger.

Inside that folder, you can browse to find the XSD structure for your 810 .

YOu will find different XSDs for different versions of 810.

Suppose your EDI 810 version is 4010, then you have to use the XSD for 810 4010 version (There will be separate folders for each transaction set/version combination.

It will be there also in the software CD that seeburger provides when you buy it.

> 4) I need a seeburger receiver AS2 adapter that consist of modules that will convert the XML 810 docuemnt to EDI document.

>

> Below are the modules will be present in you suggested seeburger receiver AS2 adapter

> module key Parameter name Parameter value

> bic destSourceMsg MainDocument

> bic destTargetMsg MainDocument

> bic mappingName <the name of your X2E mapping for 810>

> exit JNDIName deployedAdapters/SeeXIAS2/shareable/SeeXIAS2

>

Yes.

> 5. As per blog -

/people/rajeshkumar.pasupula/blog/2009/08/05/wanna-implement-seeburger-for-edi-find-the-booster

>

> For 997 Interface we are using seeburger Sender adapter and for 850 Interface we are using Split997 Sender adapter -- Reverse order

>

> For this scenario will it be like this again like

> For 997 Interface we will use Seeburger Receiver AS2 Adapter where the above modules are configured -- Pls suggest

>

> For 810 Interface we will use Split997 Receiver adapter -- No modules configured Pls suggest

>

> I request you to kindly send me snapshots or blogs which has snapsot for this scenario.

>

No need of split 997 in outbound case. In this case, you will send the 810 and the partner will send the 997.

So, to receive that 997 file, you need another scenario. You need the split 997 communication channel only in inbound case like in 850, but not in outbound case.

> Last point -- is Dispatch advice direction is like 850 (Inbound ) or its direction is like 810 (outbound)?

> Do we have IDOC or something like that present and its mapping ?

>

like I said earlier, it is an outbound document if your company is the vendor.

It will be inbound if your company is the Customer to some other company.

The IDOC that is used usually will be DESADV idoc.

> Regards