cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enque/table_size paramter is not reflecting in SM12 statistics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have our prodcution system of CRM 2007 on windows 2003 with oracle database in HA environement (cluster setup) with Enqueue replication server. Due to some customized program requirement, we have to increase the lock table size and we have set the parameter to 20000 in instance profiles of CI (which is on Node A) and DI (which is on Node B) and have restarted the instances after that.

The problem is value is getting reflected in RZ10 instance profile and TU02 also, but when we check the SM12, Extras->Statistics here it is still showing value as 3602 for Maximum Number of Lock entries, Lock Arguments and Lock owners.

To calrify, I have changed the same parameter in our development server which is a standalone system and there is reflecting fine after chaning the value and restarting the server. In SM12, Extras-.Statistics it is showing value as 17786

Can anyone please help me where am I missing. Since production system is in cluster environment with Enqueue replication server anyother way to do it.

Please suggest.

Note:- As per SAP, we should not change the enque/table_size value, but now as there is no other way we have to do it. After the z program executes once then we will change the setting back and will ask the abapers to fine tune the program.

Regards,

Sharath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm also having the same problem you are describing but in BI. I've changed the enque/table_size parameter in both our Dev and QA environments and the value is reflected in the SM12 Stats once the server is restarted but when I've changed it in Production and restarted the server the maximum fill level stays at 3602. We currently run BI 7.0 and recently upgraded the stack to SP18 across all environments. If anyone has a solution it would be really appreciated.

Cheers,

Gareth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I managed to find a fix to the problem I described in the previous post. The reason that changing enque/table_size didn't change the maximum number of entries in the lock table is that we were changing the parameter on the wrong instance of the client. There is another parameter enque/servinst that shows the instance that is set to run the enque server and it is there that the value of enque/table_size needs to be increased as the value of this parameter is not replicated across all instances. In our case the instance that is default login is 2 but the enque/servinst value was 0 (for instance 0). By logging onto that instance (changing the system number field on the item in the logon pad) it allowed us to change the parameter on the correct instance. Restart all instances and the maximum number of lock entries increased.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gareth