cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWA - User ID & Pass problems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have tried to log on at SAP Netweaver Administrator but it is impossible.

I know that I am using the correct user id and pass because I have worked with NWA some days ago.

I can logon in Portal options 'System Information' and 'Web Services Navigator' with the same user but when I try to logon in 'SAP Netweaver Administrator' or 'User Management' it does not work. Also, I can to access to J2EE Engine Visual Administrator with the same user.

Additionaly, when I try to logon with that user and pass, the message 'User authentication failed' does not appear. That's indicates it is the correct user id and pass but it does not work.

I remember that, in the last changes, I deleted the entries in the TicketKeyStore (J2EE Engine Visual Administrator --> NWP --> Server --> Services --> Key Storage) Could it be the problem?

Please, anybody can help me?

I am looking forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Finally, the problem is solved.

I have configured the certificates in the Ticket KeyStore, that's the quid!!. I used 'DiagTool' tool for review log files and solve the problem. It's very useful and interesting tool...

To create a correct Portal Certificate:

1.1 Log in to the Visual Administrator

1.2 Choose Server --> Services --> KeyStorage --> TicketKeystore

1.3 Delete SAPLogonTicketKeypair-cert and SAPLogonTicketKeypair

1.4 Choose Create (Create button in the Entry field) and type in the following information:

a. mark Store Certificate

b. Common Name: Your (just example)

c. Entry Name: SAPLogonTicketKeypair

d. Store Certificate: Mark it

e. Key Length: 1024

f. Algorithm: DSA

g. Press Generate

Now you will have two entries in the TicketKeyStore:SAPLogonTicketKeypair and SAPLogonTicketKeypair-cert

If anybody have the same problem, I recomend to review the Ticket KeyStoore (Visual Administrator) and user 'Diagtool' tool.

Thank you all.

Regards,

Carmelo Pérez.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please let me know which key you deteled.

I dont think that my be the issue.Please check thet you have full authorization .Is this portal system.if yes check thet you able to login in the http://hostname:5XX00/irj/portal.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I deleted all the entries in the J2EE Engine Visual Administrator --> NWP --> Server --> Services --> Key Storage --> TicketKeyStore.

I have checked that I have full authorization, but I can't login in the http://hostname:5XX00/irj/portal. Some days ago I am able to login in the portal without problem. However, I am able to login in the J2EE Engine Visual Administrator.

I am researching about that... The user is not locked, J2EE engine is running, SAP DB is online,...

I don't know what can I do...

Thank you for response.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

why did you delete the Ticket KEYstore.

Now what you need to do go to visual admin and then server node thn services then keystore.

select Ticketkeystore and click on Create and you shall have a window with heading Keys and certificate gemeration .

enter the details and keep the key as 1024 and the algo as DSA and then generate.

Check then.

thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

I deleted de Ticket Key Store because I was working to configure the BI Web Application Designer. The Netweaver Administrator Portal has a Configuration Wizard and when I ran the configurator, did send me an error message about Certificates. The certificates are keep in Ticket Key Store...

I have created a new certificate with the steps you wrote me, but... it doesn't resolve the problem...

Thank you for response.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to solve the problem but I don't find response...

When I try to login in Netweaver Administrator the user/password validation is OK but always I am redirected to login screen.

Anybody knows what happend?

Thanks,

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using the full qualified domain name when calling NWA URL?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Juan,

Yes, I am using the full qualified name... Two days ago I was able to login NWA without problems.

any other idea?

Thank you for response.

Best Regards,

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have you check the defaulttrace for errors?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where can I check that?

Regards,