cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why we should assign Profitability Segment Number in sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Can any one tell me why we should assign profitability Segment Number in Sales Order?

While i am createing the sales order system is asking to assign profitability Segment Number and WBS Element. Even though there is no specific assignment of these fields for incompletion log.

Can anyone tell me what exactly is the functionality behind this Profitability Segment number?

Good answers are rewarded with points

Thanks and Regards

SAP SD

Yoganand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If CO-PA is active settlement transfer the costs and revenue of the sales order item to profitability segment in CO-PA, if not active it gets transferred to G/L account in FI.

Regarding functionality of Profitability segment - Need to specify Characteristics in CO-PA for profitability segments and these characteristics are used for Information system and planning. Charcteristics which are not involved in profitablity segment remains in the line item of CO-PA. In essence charcteristics decides on profitablity segments.

Regarding removal of Profitablity segment no in Sales order .Kindly refer back to the earlier threads.

Thanks & Regards

Madhu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

when CO-PA is active, you need to make entries in the account assignment tab/profit segment field in order to post data to CO objects.

in a scenario without Project Systems (thus, not requiring WMS element), you can either make entries manually as in the above, or the entries can automatically be entered if you maintained the profit center in the material master.

in a scenario with PS, it is also possible that the entries in the WBS element be automatic. i hope somebody can explain this portion in greater detail.

hope this helped you.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much. I understood usage of profitability Segments numbers