Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting Problem - ALV Grid - Filtering

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I've an interesting problem.I didn't understand.I'll try to explain.I developed a report with alv grid ( reuse_alv_grid_display ) .In the report there is a "created by" column which has the user name who created the document.To filter this column i choose the column and press filtering button.The selection pop up appears.If i type the user name manually there is no problem.When i press f4, possible entries appears.But this possible entries are a little bit strange.

for example user names on the report shown as,

UserName1

UserName22

UserName333

UserName4444

etc .

But on the f4 possible entries list they shown as,

UserName1

UserName2

UserName3

UserName4

etc .

it takes the character no of the shortest name ( for example 9 characters for "UserName1" ) and display all other names with first 9 characters ( for example "UserName4444" has 12 characters but it displays first 9 characters and show this name as "UserName4" ).

we have two systems, test and production.We develop reports on test and send to production by transport request.I mean this report is exactly same in two systems.I've this error in production system.In test system with same data, we don't have this problem.it works properly.

Does anyone have an idea for this?I know this is strange.

thanks all..

best regards,

Burak

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Burak,

i've faced a similar problem if not the same,

Check whether u've allotted sufficient value for your "OUTPUTLEN" field in the fieldcatalog as vijay has suggested even then if it does not work then fill the "EDIT_MASK" field of the fieldcatlog with the value "==ALPHA".

5 REPLIES 5

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

what is the output length you mentioned in fieldcat for username.

and can you show the fieldcat for username.

Regards

vijay

0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

i use FUNCTION LVC_FIELDCATALOG_MERGE.User name has the component name "UNAME".

But the point is, program is exactly same in test and production system.Test system works properly...

thanks...

0 Kudos

are you sure test and production has same data.

Regards

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Burak,

i've faced a similar problem if not the same,

Check whether u've allotted sufficient value for your "OUTPUTLEN" field in the fieldcatalog as vijay has suggested even then if it does not work then fill the "EDIT_MASK" field of the fieldcatlog with the value "==ALPHA".

0 Kudos

Hi,

Vijay, you are great.Edit_Mask Solved my problem.

Thanks all...

Burak