cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with PI 7.1 installation of additional AS and webdispatcher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

today I ran into an interesting problem. I wanted to install an additional AS for a PI 7.1 instance and got an error message stating that the system is a ABAP+Java system so a switch to Java-only instance is not possible.

"SAP System <SID> is an ABAP or ABAP+Java instance. Cannot switch this to a Java standalone system."

When scanning the dep_sapinst.log I found out that the installer checks the profile of the webdispatcher and recognizes it as the profile for the DVEMBGS (why??). So I temporarily removed the webdispatcher profile from the profile dir and the installation continued.

Might be an installation bug. Just wanted to mention it since it did not find any note or forum entry regarding this aspect.

Kind regards,

Sven

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

If you ant to install an additional Application Server Instance in a double-stack system like PI in SAPINST you have to select node "... Based on AS ABAP and AS Java -> Additional Application Server Instance"

It is not possible to add a "native" ABAP and/or Java Instance to a double-stack system. The new App Server Instance is always a double-stack instance.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Volker