Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The change date of PR in ECC does not update in SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,my experts:

I work in SRM7.0, PDP Scenairo

I create PR in ECC ,and then the PR will transfer to sourcing in SRM .But if I change the quantity of the PR ,the update will not happen on the SC(the PO has not been generated in sourcing ).

Is it a system error ?Or others ?

BR!

Alex!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

It's either (a) incorrect configuration or (b) system bug. The updated quantity should be displayed in SRM.

For (a), check your Entry Channel - Company relationship in your Org Structure. Refer to this thread for a similar issue:

[Error updating external requirements in SRM|https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=31445050&messageID=5717280]

Cheers,

Serguei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Cheers:

I have double checked the Org Structure.

Phoenix Enterprises inc---company code :1000

-

CHANNEL

So ,the Enrty channel is under the Phoenix Enterprises inc.

BR!

ALEX!

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi BR... (just kidding)... Alex,

Check the authorizations of your RFC user in SRM - perhaps it's a security issue. BTW, did you open a ticket with SAP Support?

My best regards (I am hesitating to say Cheers this time ,

Serguei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Serguei:

I have checked the role of user :Profiles:SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW I have send one message to SAP supporter .Hopefully ,it can work.Thanks.

BR!

Alex!

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

tell me one thing. you have created PR and transfered to SRm for sourcing.

now the PR have eprofile . can you edit the Purchase request after set up a eprofile in the eban table. I never tried.

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,Muthu :

I am very sure that I can change PR after transfering to the Sourcing .I tried it again.

BR!

ALEX!

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex

Are you geting entry in eprtrans table . Are you running bbp req transfer job again?

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi alex

once you made a changes in pr /released then are you geting entry in eprtrans table? then again you are running bbp req transfer job? the flow goes in that way only right.

confirm this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Muthu

You are right .After changing the released PR ,I get one new record in the table eprtrans .Then I run the program :BBP_EXTREQ_TRANSFER.I though the update would happen .But not .

BR!

Alex!

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

so you are telling that you got an entry in EPRTRANS and this same PR transfred to Cockpit.

Ext.requirement put your PR no(in the external search) and see howmany carts are created for this one PR?

i dont have a system to check your requiremnt

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

As suggested by Muthu, in BBP_PD transaction, key in the PR number in the ext Rqt tracking No. field & check how many shopping carts have been created for this PR.

If you do not find additional carts, then check transaction SLG1 in SRM & SMQ1 in R/3 for error messages.

But, its strange that you are able to change a PR for which an eProfile has been set in R/3!!

Cheers,

Akash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;Akash ,Muthu:

Thanks for your reply.

1、After I changing the PR in the ECC(run the grogam :BBP_EXTREQ_TRANSFER),I checked in the transaction BBP_PD,and key in the PR number in the ext Rqt tracking No. field ,find that :HTS: 1 .I didnot find additional carts. I also check the SLG1 in SRM & SMQ1 in ECC , I am sorry I find nothing .

2、I certainly do the change to the PR after it was transferred to sourcing .

BR!

Alex!

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello Friend

before you run BBP_EXTREQ_TRANSFER check eprtrans table has entry or not. though you run the job you may not transfer pr to srm.

you may get list how many pr transfered when u run BBP_EXTREQ_TRANSFER this job.

if eprtrans have entry then only you can transfer the PR.

check it up.

thats what we suspect.

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,Muthu :

thank you very very much.

I double check that .

I do like this :

1、Create PR in ECC;

2、Check the table eprtrans ,find one record (PR number、Transfer date、Copy status=1)

3、Run the program :BBP_EXTREQ_TRANSFER ,and get list :Number of transferred purchase requisitions:1;and then the table ---eprtrans is empty now .

4、Check the PR in Sourcing ,and find one record.

5、I change the PR in ECC,and do step 2-4; But I do not find the update .

BR!

ALEX!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

The logic is that the program that inserts the PR into the EPRTRANS table should check whether the eProfile field is empty. If the field is set, then the program does not include those PRs into the EPRTRANS table.

You may also try to manually insert the PR into the table using the FM "BBP_EPRTRANS_INSERT" to check whether the PR gets inserted into the table.

Cheers,

Akash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Akash:

I do like you said.

Run the FM BBP_EPRTRANS_INSERT, and insert one pr into the table EPRTRANS .But ,Copy status="2",Procurement Profil is empty.

PS : I do the later step .but find nothing different.

BR!

ALEX!

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex

you must check whether EPRTRANS table is geting updated after you chenge the PR (which has already eprofile in eban table). it may not update eprtrans table. NO NO no.2 method inserting eprofile via FM ( sorry akash) .

you can not transfer the changed PR information to SRM since you dont have entry in EPRTRANS table.

bbp req transfer job will not consuider your changed pr (this transfer job duty is to push the eprstable entry to srm).

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Muthu:

I am sorry for that .After changing the PR in ECC ,there is one new record about the PR in the table EPRTRANS.

Alex!

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Alex,

I double confirm you , PR quantity can not be changed after assigning the eprofile and this pr transfered to srm . I have tried. but i could not.Akash already confirmed to you

ok. come to your system.

what entries do have in your eprtrans table. is the changed pr ?

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I believe you! lets analyse the situation:

1) The changed PR is now transferred to SRM

2) There is no log in SMQ1 in R/3

3) There is no message in SLG1 (did you try keying in "BBP_EXTREQ" in the Object field).

what information do you change in the PR? What status is the created shopping cart in?

Cheers,

Akash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Akash

Thank you !

I changed the quantity of the PR.The status of SC in SRM is"Approved"

PS:If I key in "BBP_EXTREQ" in the Object field ,I will find nothing .

BR!

ALEX!

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi alex

Learnt that you could change quantiy in the eprofile set pr.

my question to you is that can you see the new sc w.r.t changed pr in the cockpit.

after runing the bbp transfer job .do you get the message that no of pr transfered as 1.

if it so it might create a new sc in cockpit.

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.Muthu

I checked again .

If the PR has transferred into sourcing ,the Material Group and the purching group in the PR can't been changed.

But the quantity can been cahnged.

ALEX!

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI alex

thanks for the valuable info.

is it creating new sc for changed PO.

if we change the material group. requirement is totally different right.

for qty changes are you geting a new sc in cockpit or it is updating the existing sc quantity.

thanks for drilling pdp scenario loop holes.it is really fun.

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Logically speaking, the cart once in Approved status cannot be changed. Do you think the changed PR will have any effect on the cart.

I feel that the cart can be changed by the Purchaser alone in the Sourcing cockpit.

What are your views on this, Muthu?

Cheers,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akash & Muthu :

I think it is one very important Info.

I checked the SC in BBP_PD ,and find that "Changed_at"in the Header .In my case ,the SC is automatic Approved.So I think the changed information come into SRM .but the status of SC is "Approved".So the update will not happen.Right?

BR!

ALEX!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Precisely Alex! Even i have a hunch!

Can you check whether RZ20 has any thing to offer. We will wait for comments from others as well.

Cheers,

Akash

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi akash,

it is a plan driven procurement right.

for eg. mrp ran and created a PR for 7 qty and went to cockpit for sourcing.

now how we could change the demand into 5 from 7 quantity suddenly.

please correct me if i were wrong.

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

As said earlier, i have never seen a scenario where one can change a PR after it has been transferred to SRM. I have seen cases where they forcefully reset the eprofile field to close a PR (in some peculiar instances).

The change i was mentioning was the shopping cart change in the sourcing cockpit. In you example, when the qty is changed from 7 to 5, the difference of 2 comes back as a new cart referencing the PR.

I missed a point here..

What i actually intended to mean was in cases where a PO is created from the sourcing cockpit & later on the PO qty is reduced, the difference comes back to the sourcing cockpit.

I am not very sure in the PDP scenario whether the purchaser is able to change the qty in the sourcing cockpit.

In the general scenario, i know that a change in qty done from the sourcing cockpit changes the shopping cart qty directly.

cheers,

Akash

Edited by: Akash on Aug 27, 2009 10:51 AM

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Akash.

In basic data of sc w.r.t PR and this sc in the cockpit we can not change any basic data by the buer.

br

muthu

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Akash.

In basic data of sc w.r.t PR and this sc in the cockpit we can not change any basic data by the purchaser.

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,Akash ,Muthu and other friends:

Thanks for all your help.

I finished the test about this question in the 2 days. Results:

Firstly ,I am very comfirm that I can change PR in ECC ,even if the PR has been transferrd SRM system .BUt I can't chage the materila group and purchasing group.If you run the program, the changed data will trasferrd into SRM .But it will not update the SC.

Secondly, after running the program in ECC ,there is one SC with status "Approved " generated in SRM . The status always is "Approved" .SO the updata will not happen to one "Approved" SC .

I am very confused :If SRM(ECC)does not support the updata ,Why the changed data transfered into SRM? Is there some use?OR I am wrong?

In one word ,I understand about this peobelm .

Thanks all of you again!

ALEX!

BR!

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

can you check with SAP via oss message regarding this strange issue and confirm from sap that can edit the quantity in pr.

plz update us too.

good luck to you

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex, is there any updates on this issue. I'm facing the same problem.

Rgds,

Has.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Rgds:

I am sorry about that .There is no new updates.The SAP support did not give any suggestions.

Following is my test about the problem.

Firstly ,I am very comfirm that I can change PR in ECC ,even if the PR has been transferrd SRM system .BUt I can't chage the materila group and purchasing group.If you run the program, the changed data will trasferrd into SRM .But it will not update the SC.

Secondly, after running the program in ECC ,there is one SC with status "Approved " generated in SRM . The status always is "Approved" .SO the updata will not happen to one "Approved" SC .

I am very confused :If SRM(ECC)does not support the updata ,Why the changed data transfered into SRM? Is there some use?OR I am wrong?

BR!

ALEX!