Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Source system (critical issue)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am working as a basis consultant.

we have a ECC6 Development server and in the same server we hav installed BI-Cont and using as a BI Dev sever too.

Client - 400 is R/3 Develop server

Client - 300 is BI Develop server

we cofigured 400 client as a source system for bi(300) and lot of develpments are made.

Now we are planning to make this ECC6 DEV as a Production server for BI. (simultaniously R/3 developments also will happen in the same server).

Now i have Created a new client-500 for BI(Production) in the same server and i want to add our R/3 Production server client-900(different server) as a Source system.

1 I maintained RS_MANDT_UNIQUE_SET and set to client 500.

2 I maintained table RSADMINA and set client 500

and BW_user

3 Created RFC between client 500 to PRD server client 900

now when i tried RSA1 Transaction in BI PRD client 500, it says "Logical system name has been changed for this system" "Message no. R3206"

when i see the long text it says

"The logical system name of this system is PRDCLNT500. However, this system was originally created with the logical system name DEVCLNT300. It is not permitted to change the logical system name, as connections to other systems will be damaged beyond repair.

System Response

The transaction is canceled.

Procedure

Change the name of the logical system (table T000) for client back to DEVCLNT300. This enables you to continue working with the system.

If you really want to change the logical name, than you can, if and when you:

change the system name back to DEVCLNT300,

delete all existing connections between this system and other systems,

delete all transfer structures that still exist, and

do not use ALE or Workflow."

1 I tried to remove the source system from 300, but it is prompting to delete lot of packages and it is going for a while. so i stopped it.

2 I removed all the RFC Connections between 300-400

3 I deleted the logical system "DEVCLNT300".

Still the same Issue "Logical system name has been changed for this system".

Please help me Resolving this issue, since this issue became so critical.

Thanks in advance

Prakash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per your information,you created seperate client in ECC development for BI production. Is correct

and now are trying to connect this client to PRD 500. Please clarify me that are you done client copy from which client?

Please clarify for solving your problem

Thanks & Regards,

Vidyadhar K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for Replying

I know the landscape we are having will confuse.

In ECC6 DEV Server a new client 500 is created for BI Producion server (not exactly prod but assume like that).

There is seperate R/3 Production server (client-900) and that shud be configured as a source system for the new BI PRD Client 500.

I dont want any data from 300, infact i would delete the 300client (BIdevclt) after i configure everything in client 500.

I did all the BI post installation steps for client 500.( including RS_MANDT_UNIQUE_SET)

but since the 300 client was configured as BW dev in the same server, i am getting an error if i access RSA1 in client 500 "Logical system name has been changed for this system" "Message no. R3206"

I went through the BDLSS transaction, but it talks about converting logical system and i dont want to do that.

Client400 is configured as source system for bi dev 300. I want to delete all the configuration made in 300.

I want to know deleting the souce client manually from BI dev 300 client is the only way to fix this or anything else we could do it for this ERROR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Client copy is done by having source client as 000, User master records - 000, profile - sap_all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please change the logical client for bi 500 and check table RSBASIDOC.

if any entries in above mentioned table. please delete and repeat procedure.

please check this note Note 886102 - System Landscape Copy for SAP NetWeaver BW

Thanks & Regards,

Vidyadhar K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think RSADMINA can have only one client setting.

What is the planning that you are doing .i am not able to deside what you are trying to do.

Production and Dev on the same server.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol