cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI/XI Web Service authorization issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have a simple scenario, in which standard rfc is being "exposed" by PI as Web Service to external applications.

authorization handling policy is not determined, yet. our wishful scenario is that external users will identify (when start consuming WS) with thier R/3 ueser&password, those are going to be "used" by PI to login to R/3. this solution will enable to determine whether end user has suitable authorization.

i guess this scenario is a very common one, and therefore multiple optional solutions exists.

plz provide some of your experience.

Regards

Uri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to use the principal propagation, where the user Id/Password used by end-user will be passed in encrypted way and will allow to login on SAP system with same ID.

Refer - Principal Propagation with SAP NetWeaver Process Integration 7.1

/people/soum.chatterjee/blog/2009/01/05/the-benefits-of-principal-propagation-based-on-saml-in-sap-netweaver-soa-middleware--process-integration-71

/people/alexander.bundschuh/blog/2007/08/06/principal-propagation-with-sap-netweaver-process-integration-71

/people/alexander.bundschuh/blog/2007/01/16/principal-propagation-in-sap-xi

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tnx for your replay.

as far as i know principal propagation is optional only based on proxy and not rfc. is it true?

Uri

Former Member
0 Kudos

The following adapters and protocols support Principal Propagation: XI, RFC, SOAP, and WS-RM

Please check the second blog mentioned in the above post.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have configured it in SOAP to RFC interface and its working fine from almost last year...:-))

You can make it possible for RFC, SOAP, Proxy adapters.

Thanks

Swarup

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on Aug 26, 2009 10:29 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to use the principal propagation, where the user Id/Password used by end-user will be passed in encrypted way and will allow to login on SAP system with same ID.

Refer - Principal Propagation with SAP NetWeaver Process Integration 7.1

/people/soum.chatterjee/blog/2009/01/05/the-benefits-of-principal-propagation-based-on-saml-in-sap-netweaver-soa-middleware--process-integration-71

/people/alexander.bundschuh/blog/2007/08/06/principal-propagation-with-sap-netweaver-process-integration-71

/people/alexander.bundschuh/blog/2007/01/16/principal-propagation-in-sap-xi

Thanks

Swarup