cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Approach to Interface with a Bank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It will be great if someone can help me out in making a decision with the help of experience in dealing with SWIFT messages.

What would be the best approach to interface with a BANK that exchanges SWIFT MT100 and MT940 messages with an SAP system?

Are there any alternatives to using the SWIFT net?

How can conversion agent be employed in handling SWIFT messages? Is it free to download?

Thanks

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends/experts,

I am reopening this thread as, I need to re-implement the almost same scenario from PI 7.1 to PI 7.3. I have not seen the existing scenario in the customer PI 7.1 system yet, also banking interfaces and SWIFT messages(basically mt100 and mt940) are absolutely new for me.

Before starting this project I am trying to understand few things here, and I need all the experts help in the following topics.

1- I will request to

If anyone has done the such re-implementation please provide me the correct approach to this.

I am waiting eagerly to get some help here. Your input would be highly appreciated friends.

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you get input as MT940 format or we need to convert with XI/PI as MT940. I have developed interface for one of my banking project for MT940 format. In my requirement i am getting MT940 file as input to PI, so i am using bypass scenario in PI and pass same file to R3 specified folder. MT940 format can understand by SAP by using standard SAP program RFEBKA00 then after for reconsilaton we can do through Tcode: FEBP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nallam,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I have another doubt.

How to deal with MT100 message that wil be received by the bank? Typically, Will it be done through ftp/ sftp or through some webservice ??\

Thanks

Krishna

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you get MT100 format file directly from bank then we have standard XSD format. We can read this file through file adapter else need to use converter agent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your response.

Do you mean to say that we have to generate an XSD from a sample MT100 format and use it in the File adapter?

Also, Will banks typically accept MT100 files to be routed to their file system by opening up their ftp ports (which would lead to security loop holes)

?

Regards,

Krishna

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If bank use MT100 format directly then no need to use any XSD/ Convesion agent also. You can read MT100 file by using file adapter through NFS/FTP protocol. Use bypass scenario and pass same file to SAP. I din't check practically with MT100 format, i have worked with MT940 only. But i think above transaction codes we can use for MT100 also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nallam

thanks for your time .

I guess there is a slight mis-communication.

Actually, the bank will be expecting a file in MT100 format. My question is how to go about converting the output from SAP R/3 to the bank expected MT100 format?

Is the SAP system capable of producing MT100 format file ?

If not, Should we use conversion agent and XI? Or

Can it be done easily using FCC ?

Thanks Again

Regards,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

>

Actually, the bank will be expecting a file in MT100 format. My question is how to go about converting the output from SAP R/3 to the bank expected MT100 format?

I believe you will be required to use the conversion agent (transformation component Serializer) to handle this issue.

Regards,

Neetesh

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My question is how to go about converting the output from SAP R/3 to the bank expected MT100 format?

Take the message from SAP in Idoc/ RFC/ Proxy format and perform the conversion to Swift message in PI.

No, SAP R/3 does not hold that capability unless a complex abap report is written. (not recommended)

I believe this is possible. But you won't find much readymade help in this.

You may write adapter module yourself to convert the messaget to Swift format.

Can it be done easily using FCC ?

No.

Regards,

Prateek

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Bank Satement is only one way flow from bank to client not client to bank, every day bank will send bank statement to client. I hope now clear. If bank can give directly MT100 format then we can transfer to R3 without any conversion agent else we need conversion agent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

What Ramakrishna saying is correct.

As per my knowledge MT100 and MT101 are Outbound for SAP it means Payments data will be coming from SAP as an XML files and PI has to Sign the digital Signature+Encryption+Converrting XML into MT100 formats and then final format has to send it to Bank.

MT100 ACK is an another acknowledge interface for the payments which will let you know the status of the payment from Bank which needs to update in SAP.

MT940 is inbound to SAP coming from bank at which this interface works at the end of the day for all payments as a message response.

Now can anyone tell me how to handle Outbound to SAP- i.e., sending MT100 formats to BANK?

Regards
Amar Srinivas Eli

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishnamoorthy,

>>What would be the best approach to interface with a BANK that exchanges SWIFT MT100 and MT940 messages with an SAP system?

We had a scenario like this earlier and we went for Conversion agent. Its simple to work with and can be used with XI as a module

>>Are there any alternatives to using the SWIFT net?

Make your own java modules. But again it will be difficult to work with SWIFT format.

>>How can conversion agent be employed in handling SWIFT messages? Is it free to download?

The server you need to purchase as for the IDE it can be downloaded from servicemarket place

Regards

Suraj

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishnamoorthy,

>>What would be the best approach to interface with a BANK that exchanges SWIFT MT100 and MT940 messages with an SAP system?

We had a scenario like this earlier and we went for Conversion agent. Its simple to work with and can be used with XI as a module

>>Are there any alternatives to using the SWIFT net?

Make your own java modules. But again it will be difficult to work with SWIFT format.

>>How can conversion agent be employed in handling SWIFT messages? Is it free to download?

The server you need to purchase as for the IDE it can be downloaded from servicemarket place

Regards

Suraj