cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Login From R/3 in sm59 fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus!

I have created RFC connections between R/3 to BI and R/3 to Solution manager. The connection test is successful but the remote login is not happening. The Remote login from R/3 to any other server in sm59 in not happening. Awating your valuable inputs.

Regards

Dorcas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (11)

Answers (11)

0 Kudos

Try setting an all uppercase password for the user and try it. This is a requirement for connections between some systems.

Vipin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Starting from 4.7 versions passwords are case sensitive...so i suggest you to give password of RFC user(in BW & Solman) with Capitals and add the same in source system under logon details(in SM59)

Check and let us know the result....i came accross the same so many times by giving CAPS password.

Regards

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try giving the RFC user password in ALL CAPS and then try to connect. Might sound silly but see if it works . We have seen a case like this before.

Go to do with the RFC password policy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to maintain another RFC with the name of the destination name _DIALOG.

Like if you have existing destination with BD1CLNT100, then you need to add another RFC with BD1CLNT100_DIALOG and all other settings will be same as previous.. only don't give any user authentication in new RFC. Hope this will help.

Thx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what is the kernel version of the r/3 system.

There is a recent bug in one of the kernel patch which has this problem.

regards,

sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess the passwords of the RFC users in target system might have been changed and same might not have been updated in the RFC connection logon settings in sm59

If it so, then please change the password in RFC connection login settings and try it should work.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharath,

Thanks for that. All the username and passwords are same and correct in the Source and Target systems. It gives error if username and passwords are incorrect. But it gives no error. Just nothing happens when clicked on Remote Login.

Regards

Vanitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ann,

Maintain the gateway host and gateway service name in the RFC destination.

It should work once you maintain it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have maintained gateway host and gateway service. Remote login is done once it is saved for the first time and after that, same old state, nothing happening when remote login is clicked.

SAP Kernel : 700_REL

Regards

Dorcas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ann,

Please check if the Trusted system option in Logon & Security tab is set to YES. Set it to NO if it is set to YES.

Regards

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. Did you resolve this issue? If so, could you please post what was the resolution?

Thanks.

former_member223431
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dorcas

I'm also facing same issue. Did you resolve this issue? If so, could you please post what was the resolution?

Thank you,

Rajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this way, first change the user type of RFC user of target system to some other user type like system or service or any thing and save it. Then again revert back the same to dialog and then save it.

After that try remote logon and see. (Though this seems like silly just give a try and see)

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharath,

I tried that. It dint work. Any other suggestion?

Thank you

Regards

Dorcas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What are the user types of RFC user which you have given in Logon Settings of SM59 in BI and solution manager. Also, please let us know if it is giving any error message.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The user type in all the connections is Dialog user. It is not giving any error msg. When clicked on Remote login, nothing is happening.

Regards

Dorcas

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check dev_rfc* and dev_rfc*.log for errors.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What are the user types of RFC user which you have given in Logon Settings of SM59 in BI and solution manager. Also, please let us know if it is giving any error message.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dorcas,

Any error message you are getting?

Note 189077 - Remote login in SM59 does not work

Note 704206 - Analyzing "Remote login" problems in SM59

Regards

Ashok Dalai

Edited by: Ashok Dalai on Aug 26, 2009 9:22 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the trace of SM59. I have highlighted the hostname and program path is not correct. I have masked the hostname and user names for security reasons. Please advice how this could be happening and how I can correct this. This may be the reason for the RFC connection Authorization test failures.

Thanks.

-

Unable to determine host address: NiHostToAddr failed

ABAP Programm: SAPLSLDAG (Transaction: )

User: USER (Client: 100)

Destination: SERVER_EXEC (handle: 2, )

SERVER> RFC Server Session (handle: 1, {615A5ED3-CAF7-4CB0-9225-97590367B82E})

SERVER> Caller host: <hostname>_<SID>_12

SERVER> Caller transaction code: (Caller Program: SLDAPPL_SERV)

SERVER> Called function module: SLDAG_GET_COMPILED_BITS

Error RFCIO_ERROR_SYSERROR in abrfcpic.c : 1415

CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPECMINIT'

DEST =SERVER_EXEC

HOST =<hostname> <The host name here is not correct>

PROG =/usr/sap/T3A/SYS/exe/run/rfcsdk/bin/rfcexec <This Path is not correct or does not exist>

>TS> Sat Nov 21 21:11:28 2009

======> CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPECMINIT'

ABAP Programm: SAPLSLDAG (Transaction: )

User: USER (Client: 100)

Destination: SERVER_EXEC (handle: 2, )

SERVER> RFC Server Session (handle: 1, {97786BF1-ECA5-4225-9C80-C2A6F62598A3})

SERVER> Caller host: <hostname>_<SID>_12

SERVER> Caller transaction code: (Caller Program: SLDAPPL_SERV)

SERVER> Called function module: SLDAG_GET_COMPILED_BITS

Error RFCIO_ERROR_SYSERROR in abrfcpic.c : 1415

CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPECMINIT'

DEST =SERVER_EXEC

HOST =<hostname> <The host name here is not correct>

PROG =/usr/sap/T3A/SYS/exe/run/rfcsdk/bin/rfcexec <This Path is not correct or does not exist>

-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sangita S ,

1. Create one service user in source and target systems with S_RFC and S_RFCACL authorizations

2. Create a source rfc with giving target host

3. Give client and user values in administration tab

4. Make rfcs with unicode settings

follow 1to4 steps in target system too

check test connection then remote connection

Regards

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried as you suggested. If I click on test connection, it shows Ok but when I click on Authorization Test, it fails with user name and password invalid.

Thanks,

Sangita

Former Member
0 Kudos

What user have you given for the remote logon.User type like dialog , communication or service which one you have given?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have given user as Dialog User. It was find till sometime but this situation is occuring from past few days.

Regards

Dorcas