cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loop not executed in Second Page on main window in smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have working on Smartform, I have created two page u2018PAGE1u2019 and u2018PAGE2u2019.

In PAGE1 I have to define main window as au2019 Secondary Windowu2019 for printing total amount and text of the amount. And from second page in PAGE2 I define main window for printing items data.

But in second page2 of main window internal table not executed that why items data not display on second page. Even I taken the loop in main window of second page2 then also internal table not executed.

Can anyone tell me why this happening? and how to resolve this?.

Best Regards,

Pravin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

As per my understanding, you are trying to display the total in first page and showing the breakup in the following pages..

If it is correct...then go with the final window for displaying the total and in words... check the conditions only on first page

and dont change the main window type... and use your loop statements as usual to display the item details. And check the condition not on first page.

regards

padma

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank to all i have solved my problem as per your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Condition tab of the window.

Check the Check box : Only On First Page.

Regards,

Sravanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

Page 1 --> Contains only Secondary window.

After page 1 create the command node.

After command node create page 2.

Page 2 --> Contains only Main window.

Regards,

Sravanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i created this way then internal table not read in main window of page2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

You need to create the main window in the page 1 itself.. And copy it to the page 2.

In the main window of the first page create the text for amount total..

Than create a command to call the page2.

In the main window of the page two , after copying the main window from page 1 under the command cretate thet able for the line items.

Regards

Ansari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

You need to create the main window in the page 1 itself.. And copy it to the page 2.

In the main window of the first page create the text for amount total..

Than create a command to call the page2.

In the main window of the page two , after copying the main window from page 1 under the command cretate thet able for the line items.

Regards

Ansari

Former Member
0 Kudos

only first page has display with amt and amt text but second page not display (items details)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ansari,

As you suggest I have to done change in my smartform items details are coming but I have one more problem in here.

In First page of main window high is 13 cm,in output of second page main window high same 13 cm has display. But I want in second page to print items details in main window in full page (in high 19 cm).

Then how can I do.

If I take in First page a main window as Secondary Window then internal table not read in second page .

It is possible to same format of main window in first page & second page but high will different.

Thanks & Regards,

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praven,

You can change the height of the main window in the second page. It will not get reflected in the first page main window.

But remember the width should not be changed. Change the upper marging and height.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Ansari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then try like this....

Design a separate window in the first page and make it as FINAL window in which you display the totals.

Adjust the final window position to exactly print as required.

Have a main window below the final window in the first page and reduce the height accordingly and make all the contents inside it as 'not on first page' in the conditions tab for each node.

Keep the second page design as it is and check.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your requirement is not clear. Can you explain why exactly you have to give main window as secondry window in page 1.

Is it like in first page you need to show only the totals . And the details ( Line items) comes only in the second page.

If that is the case why you have to make the main window a secondry window. You can use the main window in the first page also.

Then you need to copy ths main window to the second page.. DOnt create a new main window in the second page. Always copy the first main window. Then add you table in the second page main window. Even though the same shows in the first page main window it will not get printed.

Regards

Ansari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ansari,

In PO printing format total amt value of all line items are coming on last page of main window.clinnt required total amt value only printed in first page of main window format and then from second page, they wanted line items wise printing upto last page.

best Regards,

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

In that case why you have to make the main window in the first page and secondry window.

You can use it as manin window itself. Print the total amount in the main window itself in the first page. and copy that main window to the second page.

In the first page under the main window create a text. and there u print the total value and text.

Now copy the main window to the second page..only COPY DONT CREATE NEW.

In the second page now under the main window create the table to print the line items. What every u add in the second page main window it will come in the first age also in the smartforms. But it will nto get printed in the first page.After the text to print the totals call the COMMAND option and call next page in that.

Hope you got me..

Regards

Ansari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you define the window type as 'secondary window' then it will be variable window not main window. Once you check the general attributes of page1 what is the next page for the PAGE1, Give PAGE2 as next page.

Regards,

Rajitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjitha,

I have check PAGE1 is next page PAGE2 and PAGE2 is next page PAGE2.