cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scenario to get orders thru Web Service

0 Kudos

Hi all

I have a question about how to best implement the following scenario with XI (and BPM?):

An external system provides a Web Service with the following methods: (1) getListOfOrders and (2) getOrderDetail. I need to invoke the first method getListOfOrders to retrieve a list of relevant order numbers with which I call the second method to retrieve the details of each relevant order. With the details of each relevant order I get thru the Web Service, I need to create an IDoc ORDERS05 to be sent to the SAP R/3 backend system for processing.

What would be the best way to implement such a scenario using XI? Should I use BPM for that? How then should I trigger the BPM process periodically?

I would appreciate some feedback (or even examples) if anybody has done such a scenario or know how to implement it.

Regards,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

if with BPM:

3 sends steps : one for getListOfOrders - one in loop for details and one to send all idocs in a bundle

>>>>How then should I trigger the BPM process periodically?

you can schedule a report on the R/3 site

which will make an rfc call to start the BPM

with a dummy message - nothing more

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just an additon.This is an example of how u can trigger your BPM.

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/22/schedule-your-bpm

Regards

Vijaya