Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data binding (context)

nol_hendrikx
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We have created a new WebDynpro application with our own interactive form. The form holds 200 fields, and only 30 fields are required for processing in the backend (ECC).

Do we need to define 200 context fields or can we define only these 30 fields? What happens with the 170 fields not binded to the context? These fields are not necessary for our process, but the pdf will be stored in Records Management.

Kind regards,

Noë

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Noel,

Raja is correct about the persistence.

In essence, unbound fields are not an issue as the information stays inside the PDF

However, consider this for your scenario: If you are using a dynamic PDF (which I assume you do, because you have posted a lot about the ISR integration - and ISR forms are dynamic), there is a bug with unbound fields in dynamic PDFs that may in certain cases cause the loss of data entered in such fields when you open the form a second time after originally saving and closing it.

This bug will not be fixed until later in the year with Reader 8.

Kind regards,

Markus Meisl

SAP NetWeaver Product Management

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nol_hendrikx
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Raja and Markus!

I also heard the news from Matthias regarding Reader 8. Now we are trying to define NO context in WD, so the Interactive form will parse all fields to the WD. I will let you know if this works.

Cheers,

Noë

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think,You require <b>Data binding</b> for all the fields if you require <b>pesistence</b> irrespective of ECC Processing.

Regards,

<b>Raja Sekhar</b>