Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BD-Maintain obj. in non-OwnerSys.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please explain me briefly regarding Activity BD-Maintain obj. in non-OwnerSys under authorization object S_TABU_DIS.

Thanks in advance,

Barada

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

I think this is not bound to Solution Manager.... The activity BD exists since 46C. Its used for checking of customizing distribution functions also in non Solman systems (Fi customizing etc.)

Developer told the following:

you can automatically lock the customizing tables or fields which are to

be changed by the Customizing Distribution. You can make such a lock per

key entry after the first change by Customizing Distribution.

If you have authority for activity BD the change lock will be skipped

for Customizing distribution.

Maybe you can interpret these lines - I never performed such adistribution of customizing...

b.rgds, Bernhard

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Authorization object S_TABU_DIS has three Activity 02,03,and BD.

I am creating a Role with the authorization object S_TABU_DIS and I am providing the activity 02 and 03.

But I have no idea what exactly the third activity BD (Maintain obj. in non-OwnerSys) means.

Please let me explain what exactly the activity BD (Maintain obj. in non-OwnerSys) is ?.

Thanks,

Barada

0 Kudos

how funny. there's no documentation on that activity in ECC 5.0 when you login in English. there is one, however ... in German:

BD: Änderungssperre der Customizing-Verteilung übergehen.

roughly translated:

override the change lock provided by customizing distribution

my guess is, that has something to do with SolMan's ability to distribute customizing in a landscape? .... mind you, it's a guess

0 Kudos

Thanks Mylene,

do you have any idea if I will porvide activity BD (Maintain obj. in non-OwnerSys) under authorization object S_TABU_DIS,

then what it will do?

barada

0 Kudos

i have no idea. you could do a few tests in your ERP. if you don't have a SolMan, it should not appear in any of the checks.

0 Kudos

hi all,

i tried finding out but i didnt came up with any solution.

if anyone have any clue on this plz reply.

0 Kudos

Mylene is correct...

--> Distribution of BC Sets.

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

Thanks for your reply.

could you please elaborate what you said..

Distribution of BC Sets.

Barada

0 Kudos

I found it used in FM SCTM_CHECK_VIEW_EDIT which is called from transation SCPR20 in the remote system.

You might want to check the SolMan guides. I could not find anything on help.sap.com.

Cheers,

Julius

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

I think this is not bound to Solution Manager.... The activity BD exists since 46C. Its used for checking of customizing distribution functions also in non Solman systems (Fi customizing etc.)

Developer told the following:

you can automatically lock the customizing tables or fields which are to

be changed by the Customizing Distribution. You can make such a lock per

key entry after the first change by Customizing Distribution.

If you have authority for activity BD the change lock will be skipped

for Customizing distribution.

Maybe you can interpret these lines - I never performed such adistribution of customizing...

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard,

I found a SAP note which introduces the check - looks like it is a performance optimizer -> if pass this check for a locked object then it skips the rest of the granular checks.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

i found note 552457 that activates customizing distribution (btw. it is 4.6C - in it's version 3 it says SolMan already, so maybe SolMan is that old???).

anyway - here to the OP: if you don't do any kind of customizing distribution, SolMan or otherwise, you should be safe neglecting this value.