Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Trade Promotion Management

Hi all,

¿What's the exact differences between marketing campaigns and trade promotions?

As I read, a trade promotion is a marketing activity specific to the consumer goods industry, but I don't know which are the advantages or disadvantages with marketing campaign.

Could anyone shed some light on these concepts please?

Thanks in advance

Javier Merino

Tags:
Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Javier

I explored your requirements in the system and got some information. Although I dont have a ready solution but here are my thoughts on this.

1. Org Data can not be maintained in Campaigns. You can call it a limitation of CRM 4.0. However it can be done in TPM. The only reason I could think for this was that typically you need to map your distributors/resellers as per the sales area (Sales Org/D.C./Div.) so thats why SAP included this functionality in TPM. But why it is not there in Campaign... No Answer.

2. The alternative you are having is a)Use TPM for your purpose. b) You can create and use Territories in Campaign if that serves the purpose.

3. However in CRM 5.0, Sales Org data can be maintained for Campaigns. If you need any screenshot for that, you can ask me.. I can send it to you..

4. In CRM 5.0 SAP has also inclded an additional attribute for "Marketing Organisation" which is different from Sales Org & Service Org for the purpose of authorisation, partner determination etc...

So with this limited information you can create your solution.

Regards

Vishal Mani

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question