cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade Promotion Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

¿What's the exact differences between marketing campaigns and trade promotions?

As I read, a trade promotion is a marketing activity specific to the consumer goods industry, but I don't know which are the advantages or disadvantages with marketing campaign.

Could anyone shed some light on these concepts please?

Thanks in advance

Javier Merino

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Javier

I explored your requirements in the system and got some information. Although I dont have a ready solution but here are my thoughts on this.

1. Org Data can not be maintained in Campaigns. You can call it a limitation of CRM 4.0. However it can be done in TPM. The only reason I could think for this was that typically you need to map your distributors/resellers as per the sales area (Sales Org/D.C./Div.) so thats why SAP included this functionality in TPM. But why it is not there in Campaign... No Answer.

2. The alternative you are having is a)Use TPM for your purpose. b) You can create and use Territories in Campaign if that serves the purpose.

3. However in CRM 5.0, Sales Org data can be maintained for Campaigns. If you need any screenshot for that, you can ask me.. I can send it to you..

4. In CRM 5.0 SAP has also inclded an additional attribute for "Marketing Organisation" which is different from Sales Org & Service Org for the purpose of authorisation, partner determination etc...

So with this limited information you can create your solution.

Regards

Vishal Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Thanks again for your cooperation. I know that organizational data is available in CRM 5.0 (the first approach was in CRM 5.0 but now my client wants 4.0 version).

As you say, we have two solutions for this:

1) Use TPM as a marketing campaign with some related organizational data.

2) Insert some customer specific fields in campaign (mapped with CRMC_DIVISION table or whatever)

Finally, I decide to use the second one.

Thank you very much for your time Vishal

Regards

Javier Merino

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vishal,

this is siva new to crm please send the screen shots of TPM(trade promotion management)and information regards tpm to my mail id sivakumars.a@gmail.com

thanks in advance

regards

sivs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vishal

I really appreciate the way you have explained things about TPM and Campaigns. However i would really appreciate if you could send me the screen shots for maintaining sales org data in Campaigns.My id : srinivasan_104@yahoo.co.in

Thankyou

srinivasan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vishal..

NIce to see u that ur really helping newbie ...kinldy if u have any screenshots of TPM,mail to me also chandu.sripuram@gmail.com

regards,

chandu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

The Major difference between Campaign and Trade Promotion is

Campaign : You can create Campaign without BP master data, you can run Campaign for External email id to generate lead and opportunity. but

Trade Promotion : You need to have BP master data. Mostly TP functionalities is used in Consumer Durables, FMCG where distributors or retailers as their BP.

Campaign : can be automated

TP : not possible

Campaign : You can use Bounce Management to track and analyse your campaign

TP : It will be based on the Cutomer Approval status. Normally will be done by key account manager.

From deal you can create TP

Hope this helps you all.

Award points.

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Javier

If you are looking the difference at a business perspective then here are my views.

<b>Campaigns</b> are the ways and mediums which helps in communication, increasing awareness, increase sales and wide range of activities. It can be done through mailing list, product promotions, telecalling etc. So in nutshell as an organisation, you are trying to reach your customers for increasing customer base or sales or product awareness.

Examples of campaign:

1)You give $2 off on the purchase of every pack of Beer bottle.

2) Set up a stall in the Expo and register the queries to generate the leads.

3) Telecalling to all the individuals in the city with more than USD 100,000 p.a. income and then create leads.

However <b>Trade Promotion Management</b> is an activity which is done with the help of your channel partners. The check here is "trade", which means distributors, retailers, wholesellers, re-sellers etc. The purpose remain the same like to increase customer base or sale revenues but here the incentives are given to your channel partner.

Ex. Organisation sells products through Distributors in the market. If Organisation devise a scheme whereby distributor will get US $ 1000 extra he sells more than 100 cartons/month then it is a TPM.

I hope it gives you some idea on the difference between the two

Cheers !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Thank you very much for your excellent and fast response. Now, it's clear for me the Trade Promotion theoric usage but I have some regarding questions.

I'm thinking about using Trade Promotions instead of Marketing Campaigns for my client because Marketing Campaigns doesn't allow (as far I know) Organizational Data assigment (such as sales org, division...) and my client wants to search marketing campaigns by this kind of data (using the marketing calendar application).

So, ¿do you think it's possible to use Trade Promotions as Marketing Campaigns with assigned Sales Organization for example? ¿There's any other way to assign organizational data to a marketing campaign?

Thanks for your cooperation.

Javier Merino

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Nice explanation. I'd like to have those screen-shots too. Could you please mail them accross.

I have a feeling that you could explain my following query too....cuz somehow I feel this is related to this issue.

http://sap.cyberworldsolutions.com/irj/portal

Thanks and regards,

-Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry I meant...

....I guess I am half sleeping.

Thanks.