cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REG: Idocs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a scenario where my sender is a file and receiver is IDOC.After every sucessful processing of IDOC from XI I need to send a mail to the sender and mail should not be sent if the IDOC processing fails in XI. Can any one please suggest me how this can be implemented in XI.

Thanks in Advance,

Siva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

XI cannot tell whether the idoci s successfully processed or not. So the best thing would be if successfully processed in sap then send email from sap only. In sap standard Function modules are there which you can call while processing the idoc. You can use this fms:

If you want to send an email after you successfully send to sap, then you can use BPM and in BPM you can receive the acknowledgemnt. Once when you receive the acknowledgement you can send an email from there. For an idea on how this works please see this discussion:

If failed in PI then you can create alerts which would send an email to the distribution list you maintain.

Regards,

---Satish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi srinivas ,

we can send a mail on the sucessfull processing of iDoc with the help of BPM,In BPM a control need to kept which triggers a mail on the sucessfull processing of IDOC.

Thanx

Sampath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Could you please explain more elaboratly, what needs to be done exactly in BPM are there any specific configuration required.

Thanks

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi ,

>

> Could you please explain more elaboratly, what needs to be done exactly in BPM are there any specific configuration required.

>

> Thanks

> Srini

hi Srinivas,

Could you please explain more elaboratly, what needs to be done exactly in BPM are there any specific configuration required.

step 1 :

use a receive step that which helps to collect the incomming file message

step2:

a block step which involves the messaga transformation in which the file mss is converted to IDOC mention the mapping program name involved

step3.

add a exception step for the block so that if any error happens in Mapping this steps gets executed, in this include a control step which trigger a mail to sender refer any blog for alert mailconfiguration. this steps only occurs when it unable to create an IDoc at receiver side.

thnaks,

Sampath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In XI you can do it the other way round, asin if the Idocs fail you can sent a mail through alerts. However in your case it would be easier to do it from R3 itself. You can add a code to a user exit in Idoc to trigger a mail for every successful Idoc.

Regards,

Milan