cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bar code printing through WMS- howmuch flexiblity SAP can offer ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a client requirement that i have to print palletization number as bar code and use that bar code for RF Scanning. I know that SAP offers bar code printing options.

But i want to know from you experienced guys- the tips, suggestions or your experiences on the same...

Since it is in BLUE PRINT stage your ideas will be of great help to be added to the TO BE Process.

Regards,

Jothiswaran.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jothiswaran

The questions that you ask are very broad and without knowing the detail of the business blueprint are difficult to answer specifically.

However bar-code printing should be fairly straight forward:

Type of barcode:

This can be influenced by:

-The printers/label printers that you are using, what fonts do they have loaded internally? Is speed of printing an issue?

- The size of the bar code that you need (different types of barcode can be scaled differently) how will the bar code be read do you have any space constraints?

- Characters or numbers or both to be coded (some bar code types can only encode numbers and not characters)

- Will the barcode be read by external parties & does it need to comply with an external standard e.g EAN or SSCC

- What barcode types can you scan i.e. what are the capabilities of the readers/scanners

Information on barcode types is freely available on the Internet are the most common types used

Use of the barcode

What transactions/entry fields will the barcode be used as an entry aid in?

I hope this helps

James

Edited by: James Rickard on Aug 26, 2009 1:44 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks james once blue print is done i will post specific questions.