cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB refresh on Netweaver 7.0 ABAP+JAVA system - Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Folks

I am having an issue with starting the Java instance after system copy.

This is the situation

System QAS database was refreshed from system PRD.

Both the systems are on NW 7.0 Ehp1 SP 18, in a HPUX/ORACLE environment.

Our normal landscape is full of R3 systems so teh DBA's have been historically doing DB refresh by copying for teh Oracle fileystems and then renaming the schema and some post db refresh activities to get the DB in teh target system up and running. Pardon my terminologies I ma not a DBA. The abpove procedure has worked fine with R3 systems.

But with the above mentioned Netweaver system ABAP instance is running fine after refresh while Java instance is not since SMSICM-> Goto-> HTTP Server -> DIsplay Data is showing

HTTP Application Server Handler

ABAP Server operational = TRUE

J2EE Server configured = TRUE

J2EE HTTP port =

J2EE HTTPS port =

J2EE Server operational = FALSE

Default root access handler = ABAP

URL Prefix Table loaded = TRUE

There are no other dumps or errors in the system and teh startup logs do not show any error. I have looked up online and the System Copy Guide for 7.0 systems and I understand SAP recommends using sapinst. But I would like to know if there is a workaround to fix the j2ee instance.

I have seen a few forumns where people have had similar issues but no solution.

FYI, The the Instance_IDXXXXX in the SAP J2EE Engine- Config Tool in system QAS is that of PRD and there is no entry for the instance ID of the QAS system.

I have tried changing all the entries that are pointing to PRD under Cluster_Data-> Instance.properties.IDXXXX to that of QAS and saved and restarted but no luck as the Instance_IDXXXXX of QAS does not show up in teh config Tool menu.

All the properties files at teh OS level are pointing correctly to QAS, so I would liek to know if there is any way to change the config on eth DB level.

Thanks in advance.

sapkid

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you go for ABAP+JAVA system refresh please always ose the JAVA export method .

Take the JAVA export of the source system with the help of sapinst.Check the j2ee_admin and the ddic password of source system.

then you need to get the offline backup of the Source system.

then import it on the target system wth the help of sapinst and in the middle it shall promt you to restore from the backup of the source system.

Always use this method as JAVA stores it file at file system level and in the database.So you need both the files .

Thanks Rishi Abrol