cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with creating OLAP Univ over SAP BEx Query containing REF CHAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using BOE 3.1 platform against SAP BW 7.0.1 (Enhancement Pack 1). I have a BEx Query in the SAP BW system and trying to create an OLAP universe using Designer (3.1). The query contains the standard SAP delivered BI content InfoObject called 0MAST_CCTR which uses the 0COSTCENTER as its REFERENCE CHARACTERISTIC (template) and shares the data with 0COSTCENTER. 0COSTCENTER has a large hierarchy and all nodes of the hierarchy are active. There is NO problem executing the BEx query. The query is released for external access in query properties.

The 0MAST_CCTR is in the rows. Query is very simple and no filter conditions exist

0COSTCENTER IS NOT in the query.

I create a connection in the Universe designer and as I progress to select the BEx query it success. Test connection also is successful. When I click NEXT to start creating classes, Universe designer crashes with error "ERROR READING HIERARCHIES".

There is a short dump in the BW system (ST22) and it is ifailing in the BAPI_MDPROVIDER_GET_HIERARCHYS with the exception HIERARCHY_NOT_FOUND. Seems like BO is expecting hierarchy for 0MAST_CCTR but it is the 0COSTCENTER table that has the hierarchy. Meta data from BW Infoobject is not correctly read.

Removed 0MAST_CCTR from the query and univ creationis successful. When I drop any REF CHAR (Zero or Z that refers to ZERO object), get the same error.

Have anyone seen this error? We have a large number of ref char with and without hierarchies and we want to use WEBI over BW (retiring BEx)

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using BOE 3.1 platform against SAP BW 7.0.1 (Enhancement Pack 1). I have a BEx Query in the SAP BW system and trying to create an OLAP universe using Designer (3.1). The query contains the standard SAP delivered BI content InfoObject called 0MAST_CCTR which uses the 0COSTCENTER as its REFERENCE CHARACTERISTIC (template) and shares the data with 0COSTCENTER. 0COSTCENTER has a large hierarchy and all nodes of the hierarchy are active. There is NO problem executing the BEx query. The query is released for external access in query properties.

The 0MAST_CCTR is in the rows. Query is very simple and no filter conditions exist

0COSTCENTER IS NOT in the query.

I create a connection in the Universe designer and as I progress to select the BEx query it success. Test connection also is successful. When I click NEXT to start creating classes, Universe designer crashes with error "ERROR READING HIERARCHIES".

There is a short dump in the BW system (ST22) and it is ifailing in the BAPI_MDPROVIDER_GET_HIERARCHYS with the exception HIERARCHY_NOT_FOUND. Seems like BO is expecting hierarchy for 0MAST_CCTR but it is the 0COSTCENTER table that has the hierarchy. Meta data from BW Infoobject is not correctly read.

Removed 0MAST_CCTR from the query and univ creationis successful. When I drop any REF CHAR (Zero or Z that refers to ZERO object), get the same error.

Have anyone seen this error? We have a large number of ref char with and without hierarchies and we want to use WEBI over BW (retiring BEx)

Thanks

P.S. Forgot to mention that there is no issue with 0MAST_CCTR object. I replaced with another ref char; I get the same error.

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

use the following link:

https://sapmats-us.sap-ag.de/download/download.cgi?id=6Y34WMAEU3XZKN01YH3E0WOM408ZM3ZTTCDK8F945DTVRA...

(should be available in about 10 min).

Download the file

Unzip it

Use the Registry file on the machine where you try to create the Universe and merge the registry to the system.

Restart the Universe Designer.

Try to create a new Universe following the steps you outlined.

You should have trace files directly on drive C:\

Please attach them here as files.

thanks

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ingo,

questions:

1) Names of the trace files - does it start with designer* (in my case, BOE is installed on E drive)

2) How do I attach files to forum message?

3) How do I turn off debug(verbose) mode [undo registry setting]?

I have the trace files.

Thanks

Regards

Bala

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

the name of the traces can be set in the registry. by default it should be sofa.log.

You would have to host the file or upload it and send a link so people can download it.

to undo the tracing you would remove the registry settings.

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are having a similar issue. Can I get that file and try the same method to see if it helps please?

Answers (0)