cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading mutliple attribute values to org. structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a requirement to load multiple cost centres onto our org. structure, in some cases more than 300 cost centres per org. unit.

We have tried this various ways so far:

1) Using program B_UPLOAD_COST_CENTER_ATTRIBUTE. However this only allows one value per attribute to be loaded at a time, so no use to us.

2) Using function module BBP_UPDATE_ATTRIBUTES. However this always overwrites existing attributes, so while you can maintain multiple values, the limit is only around 20 values as that is the limit of the value list in the FM!

3) LSMW using transaction PP01 - have not tried this, but get the feeling that it will not work.

Does anyone have a successful experience of loading multiple values? If yes, please share!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

samar_jose2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, We maintain the attributes via po13 or po10 by selecting the info type General Attribute Maint. You can only enter 10 attributes at a time. Prepare a spreadsheet with the following type CNT PROD_400\44000 and then copy and paste. Unfortunately this the only way i think we can do. I hope this helps.

Rgds

Saj

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Monica,

Understand your dilemma it is always challenging to enter a project late and then devise fixes for other peoples decisions/mistakes.

For your information we enter single cost centers into our bespoke attributes as e.g. CS0003#CS0003.

We find that there are generally less of these than ranges, so on balance the solution works OK for us.

Regards

Allen Brooks

Sunderland City Council

SRM BPO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Monica,

We are on SRM5 and we had our implementation consultants generate some custom attributes in the Org Structure for Cost Center and Internal Orders for shoppers and approvers.

These custom attributes accept cost center ranges.

e.g. ZCNT_SHOPP is for Cost Centers and accepts a range as CC0001#CC9999. This would allow the shopper to use any cost center in the range CC0001 to CC9999.

We have similar attributes that accept ranges for approvers as well.

Our DOC_CHECK_BADI and workflow are customized to refer to these custom attributes to determine shoppers allowed cost centres and approvers etc.

We do not maintain the standard Cost Center attribute and only use these ranges.

This was done to overcome the problem of loading these attributes with thousands of values which is the problem you may be facing.

By this means we have reduced the maintenance in the Org structure considerably as most Cost centers tend to be in ranges for shoppers and approvers.

We do not have a program to upload these but I guess it would probably be feasible.

Hope this helps

Regards

Allen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allen and thanks for your response. That is the tack that I would normally follow, however I have come onto this implementation very late on to help them resolve some problems and it is too late now to change the workflow to deal with ranges. Also, it is understood that for some org. units they will have cost centres which do not sit comfortably in ranges.

Currently looking into modifying the upload program to accept multiple values, but am surprised that we have to fall back on modifications for something which I feel should be standard!