cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Drop in Folder in PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am working on File2file scenario in PI 7.1 where file needs to be picked up from sender directory and drop it off in the Target directory,

sender CC is picking up the file and archiving after send process however I do not see the file on the target directory.

Do not see any messages on the CC in Runtime Work Bench, How can I trce it where the process is failing

Thanks

PR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

PR

Former Member
0 Kudos

PR,

If you are not using FTP try to use the archive folder in the target directory and see.

Also ask your basis guys to give full authorizations 777 to the folder, so taht PI can write it.

In your case try to see in receiver communication channel in communication cahnnel monitoring for any error?

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish

Sender CC will pick up froropm the ECC folder and receiver CC will drop the file in File server, Which folder Basis person needs to give the autrity 777 not clear about it

Can you explain detail

Thanks

PR

Former Member
0 Kudos

PR,

Ask for both the sender and receiver folders. Also ask your basis guys to add the PI OS users to this folders.

Are you getting any error in receiver communication cahnnel?

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PR,

To archieve the file in the target side then you need to get the 777 access in the target side directories both archieve folder and actual target folder (if it is UNIX server).

otherwise goto AL11 T-code and select any one of the directory for sender, another for receiver and one more for the archieving purpose for testing purpose. For this also you need the 777 access for the receiver and archieve directories and read access to the sender folder.

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

PR,

If you are able to pick and archive the file from the source, that means you have full authorization over there. You might like to check the same piece of role at the target.

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

The messages are in To be delivered status in the End-End monitoring (message component is Adapter Engine), I tried to resend it but still it is in the Message to be delivered status,

i.e message are being sent to Inbound Queue,

Thanks

PR

Former Member
0 Kudos

PR,

This might have to do something with authorization. Do one thing very quickly. Make your source and target directory same and run a test message.

If this is successful, then it will be clear that the user id for target directory requires more authorizations.

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

PR,

Instead of end to end monitoring can you go to RWB---> adapter enigne --> communication channel monitoring --> put your receiver communication cahnnel name --> and then see any errors here. You should have something here for sure.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not see any messages that are in Receiver CC side in RWB and there are messages in the Queue status on Adpter engine

Thanks

PR

Former Member
0 Kudos

PR,

Have you tried what I suggested above? It worked?

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PR,

Please see sender communication channel then. If it is successful then see in sxmb_moni and if it is success in moni then you will see it in receiver communication cahnnel.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can see the message in SXMB_MONI but nothing on the Receiver CC side,

Thanks

PR

Former Member
0 Kudos

PR,

Delete all the messages in adapter engine which are in to be delivered, error etc.and then give a try. Just send onemessage and see. If it is stuck once again click on teh message and see for any error.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI PR,

Sometimes there is another instance in rwb of the channel and can appear there.

Other thing you have to do is check in SXI_MONITOR.

regards,

lpbuff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PR,

Can you check what is the status of the receiver CC in the Component monitoring?

Also, please look for the message status in the Message Monitoring (RWB) for IE and AE.

Regards,

Neetesh