cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we built 24X7 application on MI Technology?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Could someone explain me if we can built 24X7 SAP application using MI technology? Could we use the Standard LES Mobile RF Transactions in this MI technology? Please help me answering these questions.

Thank you.

with regards,

Muthu Ganapathy.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you meant building an always connected application , then this can be acheived using webdynpro online.

such applications use WebDynpro Java and Java AS .

But yes, you can build such apps using NW Mobile 7.1 as well, but i guess they really do not require most of capabilities offered by Net Weaver Mobile.

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liji,

Thank you for your response on this and thank you for the information. I meant if SAP is not available for some reason, disconnected mode. I want to build an application without affecting the Warehouse tasks and/or Production Planning tasks and/or Shipment tasks. If I build a RF solution using SAP MI, can I achieve this 24X7 availability? If this is not feasible, is there any other way in SAP I can achieve this? Please let me know if you know the answer for this. I would greatly appreciate your time and input on this.

If anyone know the answer for this, please share your experience. Appreciate your time and input.

Thank you.

with regards,

Muthu Ganapathy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can build occassionally connected applications using Netweaver Mobile7.1(DOE and Mobile Client).

SAP R/3 will act as backend talks to DOE through remote enabled BAPI Wrappers(getlist, getdetail,create,modify and delete)

DOE has rich modeling and data distribution capabilities to send only required data to relevant receivers and acts as middleware.

Receivers could be devices with client application / another server itself

Mobile includes DOE (Data Orchestration Engine , ABAP based message oriented middleware)

This constitutes of design time tool for defining data objects and distribution of data.

A runtime to replicate,synchronize and distribute data between the components like Back End and Receiver of data.

Along with DOE, Netweaver Mobile client is an additional installable unit.

Mobile client is installed locally on mobile devices and has a webserver ,database layer and a framework for the mobile applications.

This client framework can be seen as the default client that is shipped by SAP.

Mobile applications can be built using the development environment NetWeaver Developer Studio

Check out this [link|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/204fc387-6646-2a10-99b7-bba030bc3f68]

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liji,

Thank you so much for the information. That was very helpful.

with regards,

Muthu Ganapathy.

Answers (0)