cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date format in Master inspection characteristics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have a requirement where my user wants to enter the date format in the master inspection characteristic. For example we want to add date of manufacture and the date of expiree as a inspection characteristics and during the results recording they want to enter this characteristics in a date format.

MY question is can we have a master inspection characteristic with a date format, if so what all the settings are required.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Quantum.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

T fulfill this requirement just use Characteristic (CT04) with date format.

If you business want to use MIC only then use MIC as qualitative & enter date at inspection description during RR.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nehal

Thanks for your reply. Can i use characteristics in the inspection plan instead of the master inspection characteristics. I am using Work bench transaction code CWBQM to create an inspection plan.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Quantum.

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

>Can i use characteristics in the inspection plan instead of the master inspection characteristics. I am using Work bench transaction code CWBQM to create an inspection plan.

Direct characteristic you can't use in inspection plan. If you want to use characteristic in IP then create chara. (CT04), then assign this charac. as class chanr.(QS21) in MIC. Now you can use this MIC in inspection plan.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your immediate reply.

I already tried assigning class characteristic to the master inspection characteristic, but the characteristic with the date format cannot be assigned to master inspection characteristic. It was accepting only the characteritic with the numeric format and the character format.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Quantum.