Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

authorization values in db tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi i am in R3,

i want to find user 1,2,3 have what authorization values for Business area...

r3 security is created in this way

zsec1 = business area = 100 to 150

zsec2 = business area = 100 to 125, 130 to 145, 900 to 950

zsec3 = business area = 100 to 150, 650 ,651,2001

now user1 has zsec1, zsec3

user 2 has zsec2 and zsec3

this way different roles are assigned to different users

but becos of complexity in roles , its really hard to keep track for each user..

basically i need a security table that tells me which User has what authorisation values for business area...

if i dont have 1 table with all the information, i am thinking to create a join for 2 tables

but basically this output is requested

user 1 = business area == whatl values??

user 2 = business area == what l values??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> user 1 = business area == whatl values??

> user 2 = business area == what l values??

In SE16->AGR_1251 enter the role/roles that are assigned to user 1. Enter the business area object and execute.

Design the role with a good naming convention, this should help a bit. You are making this more complicated than it should be.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> user 1 = business area == whatl values??

> user 2 = business area == what l values??

In SE16->AGR_1251 enter the role/roles that are assigned to user 1. Enter the business area object and execute.

Design the role with a good naming convention, this should help a bit. You are making this more complicated than it should be.

0 Kudos

thnx John, i already tried those tables and they dont help me...

Remember i am in R3

1. AGR_1251 and AGR_USERS are the table i tried

AGR_1251 will give you what values are for Role1 or Role2

for e.g. Role 1 = Bus Area -> low = 1 and high = 50

instead this LOW & HIGH value are empty for the AGR_NAME = Zrole1

and in some cases the value is "$BUKRS"

so this table are not helping which i already tried before posting the question on forum....

what i need is Users = what values of Business area

2. If i would have design the roles and security, i would have better understanding of values within, then there is no need for me to do this task, ISNT IT?

Becos of multiple Roles assigned to users , confusion is created

so I WANT TO KNOW basically what values a user is authorized to for Business Area?

thank u

0 Kudos

> 1. AGR_1251 and AGR_USERS are the table i tried

> AGR_1251 will give you what values are for Role1 or Role2

> for e.g. Role 1 = Bus Area -> low = 1 and high = 50

> instead this LOW & HIGH value are empty for the AGR_NAME = Zrole1

> and in some cases the value is "$BUKRS"

If it's empty, that's just what it is, empty. No authorization.

If it's $BUKRS you'll need to look at table AGR_1252 for those roles as well.

Do please mind that when querying table AGR_1251 you'll have to omit all records where DELETED = "X" as those do not give any authorization.

> so this table are not helping which i already tried before posting the question on forum....

>

> what i need is Users = what values of Business area

That's a difficult one. If you're only looking for one specific business area you can try transaction SUIM, report "Users by authorization values" but that would only return the users forn one business area at a time, provided that you know for which object you want to query.

> 2. If i would have design the roles and security, i would have better understanding of values within, then there is no need for me to do this task, ISNT IT?

> Becos of multiple Roles assigned to users , confusion is created

> so I WANT TO KNOW basically what values a user is authorized to for Business Area?

Now that's rude. Maybe you'll get some unwanted advice sometimes. I'd say just ignore it.

Happy posting!

Jurjen

0 Kudos

thanks all

0 Kudos

Hi Kartikey,

I just want to get clarified on this , May I know if you get the required solution if Yes , will you be able to share , or it is the same tables you used as John and Jurgen suggested.

Thank you

0 Kudos

yes jaags

need to look at table agr_1252 and this shows up the values

so, agr_1251 with role name and Low value

if low = $bukrs

look it up in agr_1252

0 Kudos
if low = $bukrs

Then you would have hit the "company codes" (Buchungskreise) and not the "business areas" (Geschaeftsbereiche).

You should select the field name as well - if you are using "Business Areas" as an org field.

Cheers,

Julius