cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-Complete for Input Fields in WD4A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

in SAP GUI applications, proposals are generated automatically and offered as a drop-down when entering values in an input field. These proposals are based on the values that the user has entered previously into this field.

Screenshot: [http://img188.imageshack.us/i/samplescreenshot.jpg/]

Is something like this also possilbe in Web Dynpro ABAP applications?

Cheers

Bjoern

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

thanks for the fast response. I guess there is no way of intenionally enabling the browser functionality?

Björn

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Not without changing the HTML/JavaScript rendering output of the standard SAP UI elements (which I wouldn't recommend doing).

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see... Just out of interest: Where would I do this?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The WDA rendering is done in several parts. Each UI element has an "abstract" rendering class - meaining it has the methods and attributes for the UI element but isn't specific to HTML vs. xBCML (smartClient) or even the version of the HTML renderer (we have two now). These are the CL_WD_<ui element> classes.

Then there are the specific rendering classes. They are contained in the package /1WDA/URD2.

Finally you have the Unified Renderer itself. These are the MIMES contained in SAP/BC/PUBLIC/BC/UR of the MIME repository. nw5 for the original WDA HTML rendering and nw7 for Lightspeed.

More specific to your question, you would probably have to modify both the specific rendering classes and the UR Mime libraries. Of course none of this is designed or supported to be modified by customers or partners.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

How to implement this is any one know .................

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

How to implement this is any one know .................

In 7.02 there is a new property on the InputField UI element called SuggestValues. Simply check this property and if the bound context attribute has a data dictionary search help you will get this functionality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tomas,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

In my case, the select options has been created through dynamic coding ( the fields have not been created by dragging & dropping of UI elements). So there is no such input fields(where I can check 'SuggestValues' property).

Can you please suggest how to implement this in my dynamically created select options?

I have attached the code of 'Create_Select_options' & 'Get_Select_options' .

Please suggest how to implement this within the code.

I need your help urgently. Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Anindita Banerjee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Interesting, thank you very much.

I hope the SuggestValues-feature will be available for customers soon. Currently when implementing a Web Dynpro application (or even worse: When upgrading from SAP GUI to WD) it is kind of hard to explain why the new UI technology is missing this feature.

Again thanks and best regards!

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The browser has a field input history mechanism, however it is disabled on purpose in Web Dynpro because the way that the browsers store this information is insecure.

In NetWeaver 7.02 we will introduce the concept of SuggestValues. This is not history, but intellegent value suggestion based upon domain or search help values. It completes as you type using an AJAX call back to the server to retrieve the values.