cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wad report stuck the system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When I use a WAD report and do an operation that takes the system a lot of time to calculate the system is stuck and even if I regret that I did this operation and wants to start the report from the beginning the system will be stuck. Just when I logout from the system and enter it again I can continue to work.

Is there a way to prevent this behavior?

Please Advice,

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi David,

any short dump (st22) in backend ? and what 'operation' you did ? drill down ? expand hierarchy ? or ?

not too clear your problem, but it may query or performance, check if helps oss notes 764394 567746 938137.

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi A.H.P

There are no dumps in the backend.

My question is general. When i do a drill down or expand an hierarchy or using one of the filters which the cube dont have an aggregate suitible to it the system run a job to calculate the results (i can see this job trough SM50) and the user cant run any other report until this job is finished. the only way that i found to overcome this problem is to enter to the system again.

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi David,

in sm50 you can see when accessing which program/table it's stuck. you may also activate trace with RSRTRACE to see in which step it's stuck, base on this we may check what's the problem.

meanwhile, try to run the query with RSRT,

- also try in RSRT 'execute+debug' mark database->display query, after execute check the sql statement, char/kf selected if make sense or unnecessary char/kfs have been selected.

- try menu environment -> delete old abaps, 'generate query'.

- click properties, try read mode = h ...; cache mode '1 - without swapping'

hope this helps.

Answers (0)