Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS-"error while checking out" message 26 254

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am trying to transfer DIR's thru ALE between SAP systems. Steps are as below,

1) Create DIR in source system

2) Attach a file and check in to a storage area. We are using SAP-SYSTEM (SAP DB)

3) send the DIR thru ALE to target system..T-code BDA5

the DIR is appearing in the target system withoyut any errors and I am able to see the file as well. But when I try to open it or try to save. it is giving th error

"error while checking out" sap message 26 254

Any idea how we can over come this??

MAny thanks in advance

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Kiran,

please check the settigns for the used storage category and content repository in transactions CSADMIN, OACT and OAC0. Maybe some settings are not completely correct and therefore the system is not able to access the file on the content server. Further you can use function module SDOK_PHIOS_CHECK_CONT_SERVER to check if the file is availabel on the content server. In SE37 please fill the following data in table OBJECT_LIST

CLASS DMS_PCD1

OBJID "PHIO-ID"

The required PHIO-ID could be retrieved with report DMS_KPRO_READ in transaction SE38. After you have executed the function module the table BAD_OBJECTS may be filled. In case there is value '33' displayed as ERROR_KEY then the file is not available on the content server.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christoph,

I am having a problem ( the file exists in the Document Info Record but gives an error when I try to check it out).

I runned program DMS_KPRO_READ and it is not possible to download the file.

and I followed your instructions above:

- > I runned SDOK_PHIOS_CHECK_CONT_SERVER

-> the result in the table BAD_OBJECTS was 32 ERROR_KEY.

Can you give me some clue.... to solve this issue?

Thank you very much,

Catarina Campos