cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Request in PRD is in the IMPORT RUNNING status..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a problem while i m importing the request in PRD,the request is in the state of IMPORT RUNNING.

While i have imported the same request in the other systems DEV and QAS successfully.

I have seen the RDDIMPDP in sm37 it is getting cancelled. Then in 000 client i have runned the job RDDNEWPP with the DDIC user. And did the same in the PRD Live Clinet.

I have also triggered it in sm64 and then checked the job in sm37 the job is finished successfully but the request is still in the same state.

I have checked the consistency its all ok.

One of the request suddednly got imported and rest are still in the same Import Running state.

Now this made me curious if one got imported then why not other requests getting imported.

All the other requests are imported successfully in DEV and QAS successfully.

A couple of days ago i have made the changes to the Live Client in PRD for some requirment then i have revert back the changes to the non modifiable state. Does it have any effect on the transports. Because i have been facing this problem after the changes of the PRD Live Client.

Please i would appreciate if anyone can help me giving the proper solution.

Thanks.

Regards.

Mudassir Imtiaz.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

See the below links. Hope this will solve your problem.

[;

[;

[;

Thanks,

Shambo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please paste the log from STMS_IMPORT > GO TO > TP SYSTEM LOG .

As said before , clear the entries from TRBAT and TRJOB tables , stop all TP jobs at OS level (Task Manager )and try again .

check whether any long running jobs continously using the Work Process .

Check in SM50 and if any background jobs are hanging , reset it .

Also check in SM36 , whether any long running jobs running indefinitely . If so reschedule it.

Regards,

Nibu Antony

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

mudassir imtiaz

Are you running mass import?

Check the follwong please.

1. Log for RDDIMPDP, why it is failing.

2. Perform all tp check, from STMS>Over View->SYSTEMS ( Select your PRD system)->SAP SYSTEM>CHECK ( perform all 3).

3. Which request are you importing?

4. What is the entry there in the table TRBAT...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anindya.

No i am not doing Mass Transports.

I have checked the log in the System Log (SM21) and discovered that the job was running in the Application server. Then i cancelled the job and scheduled in the PRD DB server and then it worked fine.

The connection test is ok for all the systems and the tp is also working fine.

I have tried importing customizing and workbench request its the same for all the request. The request are importing in DEV and QAS.

Could you please tell me what should i do to get this problem solved.

Thanks for your quick response.

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check TRBAT entries? Check from SM30, if TRBAT contains any entries ( a transport number and a Header) clear them up. Save.

and run the import again. If it works fine, if not again go back to TRBAT table and check whether it contains the same request which you are importing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anindya.

Thanks for your quick help. I have removed the entries from the table TRBAT and imported and it was successfully done.

Now the problem is for each transport request i have to see the job RDDIMPDP and schedule it because its getting cancelled and for each transport request i have delete the entries from TRBAT table. Can you tell me something by which i dont have to go delete the entries from the table TRBAT every time. And i still wonder why the job RDDIMPDP is getting cancelled. I have also scheduled RDDNEWPP in Client 000 with DDIC and still the same problem.

Another thing which i have noticed in sm21 is the job (RDDIMPDP) is getting scheduled in Application server but i have scheduled in DB server. Every time i have to schedule the job from sm36 give the DB server in Exec. Server and execute.

Thanks for your response.

Regards.

Mudassir Imtiaz.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

delete jobs RDDIMPDP from your system.

then, run program RDDNEWPP in every client of your system. it will schedule it correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eric,

I have done that and now there is no problem in the job RDDIMPDP.

But when i m importing any request i should be able to do it as i use to do it earlier.

I mean now for each request i have to go to table TRBAT and delete the entries. And after doing this if m importing the request its getting imported successfully. I mean if u can help me in a way that i dont have to go to TRBAT every time and delete the entry of the request with the header and then import the request. What do i have to do to get the transports import in the normal procedure as i use to perform earlier.

Thanks.

Regards,

Mudassir Imtiaz.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eric,

I have done that and now there is no problem in the job RDDIMPDP.

But when i m importing any request i should be able to do it as i use to do it earlier.

I mean now for each request i have to go to table TRBAT and delete the entries. And after doing this if m importing the request its getting imported successfully. I mean if u can help me in a way that i dont have to go to TRBAT every time and delete the entry of the request with the header and then import the request. What do i have to do to get the transports import in the normal procedure as i use to perform earlier.

Thanks.

Regards,

Mudassir Imtiaz.

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try one thing...

Go to

Drive:\usr\sap\trans\buffer folder. There you can find files with your DEV, QAS and PRD sid.

Rename the file PRD to PRD_OLD or something like that.

Now run the transport again. TRBAT should not contain old entries now.

Let us know the result

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anindya.

For every new transport when i import in PRD the status remains the same (Import Running).

As soon as i clear the entry from the table TRBAT and save it then import, the request gets successfully imported.

Its for each new request.

No old entries exist in that table,as soon as i start a new import then the entry comes in the table which i have to delete manually and move on.

So shall i still try to rename the file PRD to PRD_XYZ and try importing.

Thanks.

Regards,

Mudassir Imtiaz.