Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local J2EE engine needed for NWDS

stoffel_erasmus
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

I am new to NWDI. We want to use NWDI to make changes to ESS applications. The NWDI is installed with the Portal installation on the server.

I installed the Netweaver Developer studio on my Laptop. I didnu2019t install a local J2EE engine only the JDK. My question is do I need a local J2EE engine before I can start using the NWDI. I want to create a track and import the development into NWDS.

Edited by: Stoffel Erasmus on Aug 25, 2009 3:48 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Local J2EE engine is something nice to have but not mandatory. You can directly use the Dev system tied to NWDI track and check out and check in the changes->activate to see your changes. In NWDI create the track with the required Software components and bind the run time system to Dev>Consolidation>Test>production.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stoffel,

It's not necessary to have local j2ee engine.

to setup access to NWDI from NWDS go to windows-preferences - SAP J2EE Engine - select remote and give the host and port

go to widnows - preferences - java development infrastructure - development configuration - give the sld path

go to DTR perspective - create a DTR client by giving some name and DTR url and workspace

go to Development Configurations perspective - right click on Local Development- Import configuration

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri