Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blank appended to the given value range

hymavathi_oruganti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi all,

i have created a domain and has given value range,

but while pressing f4, in the drop down list, iam getting a blank appended to it.

iam creating value range and getting descriptions of fix values as drop down.

i tried going back to the domain and tried deleting blanks and all, but still iam getting,

how many domains i create iam getting the same.

but strangely, if create a value range , with last fix value blank but description appended, then iam not getting blank and getting description in the drop down.

y is this happening?

can any one suggest me.

i hope u understood my doubt

regards

hyma

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats SAP's Standard functionality to show a blank line so that its not mandatory to select any value form the dropdown. if you explicitly append a blank line only with the description as you have done it right now, you will get the description as a default in the dropdown.

And, as far as your problem of "dropdown showing description only", you can change that by goin into the 'CUSTOMIZING OF LOCAL LAYOUT' which is the last icon on the standard toolbar or just press ALT+F12. In that go into options, then into Expert tab and then check the first check box. In this way u will get the values as well as the description in your dropdown.

Cheers

4 REPLIES 4

former_member186741
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TRY MAKING THE FIELD IN QUESTION 'OBLIGATORY'.

0 Kudos

no, it shuld not be made obligatory,

user can leave it blank.

in the drop down, blank should not come. what to do?

0 Kudos

I think SAP's line of thinking is that if it's obligatory and comes from a drop down it is restricted to the values in the list but if it's not obligatory then it includes blank because that is a permissible value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats SAP's Standard functionality to show a blank line so that its not mandatory to select any value form the dropdown. if you explicitly append a blank line only with the description as you have done it right now, you will get the description as a default in the dropdown.

And, as far as your problem of "dropdown showing description only", you can change that by goin into the 'CUSTOMIZING OF LOCAL LAYOUT' which is the last icon on the standard toolbar or just press ALT+F12. In that go into options, then into Expert tab and then check the first check box. In this way u will get the values as well as the description in your dropdown.

Cheers