Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting developers to access only there own ABAPS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a developer that needs full workbench functionality but only on ABAPs that he has created. I assume the answer to this lies in restricting him to his own authorisation group in S_DEVELOP in a role and assigning that role to his user. If this is the case how do I tied the authorisation group to his ABAPS

Thanks for any help you can provide

Rous

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ps0907
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You can use program RSCSAUTH to assign the authorization groups to the selected ABAP programs. The settings are stored in table TRDIR.

2 REPLIES 2

ps0907
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You can use program RSCSAUTH to assign the authorization groups to the selected ABAP programs. The settings are stored in table TRDIR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It will be more manageable for you to restrict their "package" values in which they are working. This is then no longer limited only to "programs" as is the case with the auth-group, and the human-error factor is is smaller, as the user creating the program could also assign the auth-group there, or not at all.

Cheers,

Julius