cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarifiation : Adding Systems in SMSY - please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

We have SAP Application server installed on system1 and Databse installed on system2 for a satellite system

Now when adding the System in SMSY of solution manager under Landscape components:

1.created a server with hostname system1(SAP application server), i added system1's FQDN and ip addres in technical data

2.created another server with hostname system2(Database), added system2's FQDN and ip address in technical data

Now under Database-cretae new database- i added SID ,but which server(system1 or system2) should i add in technical data of this

rgds

MAR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Maintain SAP Application system Seperately under systems with system 1 as hostname.

2) Maintain Database seperately under databases with system 2 hostanme.

3) give the reference to DB in Application server under systems.

it should work.Please son't get confused over. Play it simple.

Regards,

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MAR,

don't worry too much about the database data. It is more or less for documentation reasons only.

Just look at your landscape as it is: the DB resides on the dbserver, so put server2 here. Later on, when you enter your system data (this is important!) you should have two instances for the system SID: Instance one (AS) on server1, instance two (DB) on server2. When creating the RFC connections, it is obvious that they will point to your application server(1).

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Dirk