cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iframe

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi everybody

I want to place an iframe in my wd application but i cant see any element of that type

I dont know whether Im doing the proper procedures

In a view,on the layout tab, im inserting a new element of type iframe, is it correct?

plz confirm

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Refer this thread :

Answer by thomas Jung.

Former Member
0 Kudos

but the problem is im modifying an existing application, which was done 2 weeks before

and the previous developer used iframe!!!

now in my turn, i cant see that element

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I would assume that support packages have perhaps been applied in the mean time. What is your support package level?

Nothing much you can do about the loss of the iFrame UI element for now. I'm afraid that you will have to design a new way of presenting the content you have in the iFrame. You could perhaps open a new browser window with a BSP application (where you can of course still use an iFrame) or the content within the iFrame directly. If you need more intgration - consider using a BSP application as a separate iView in the Portal. You can place both the BSP and WDA iViews within the same portal page and you can communicate between them using Portal Eventing. Until the iFrame UI element returns, these are you main options.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Thomas

I have a lot big work to do aftr-er that

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U r doing fine. But this element is no longer recomended. Use any other UI element instead of this.

In new enhancement packs this element is no more present.

Regards,

Pankaj Aggarwal

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You might say that SAP has had an on-again/off-again relationship with the iFrame UI element. It is true that in later support packge levels of NetWeaver 7.0 and 7.01 the iFrame UI element has been removed. It was marked as depricated in the online help for some time.

However there is hope for the iFrame UI element in the future. Next year in NetWeaver 7.0 Ehancement Package 2 (7.02), the iFrame will be un-depricated and return as a UI element.

For now the fact that you can't find the UI element is perfectly normal as you are likely on a SP level where it has been removed.