cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GRC (Governance Risk & Compliance), Enterprise Architects Perspective

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all the Experts out there , I am a Freshie, Just Certified in TERP10 (Business Process Integration(, am doing Masters at Brunel University and the Dissertation topic I am working on is "SAP GRC for Enterprise Architecture - Synergies and Gaps ", and it involves unbiased exploration of SAP Solution for Governance Risk and Compliance for Enterprise Architecture, I request you all to contribute any related Information and or documentation for "SAP GRC" which can help me establish synergies for an Enterprise Architects perspective and gaps if any found.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

HDM
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Good Morning!

While you may find that those within UAC for some GRC doco, you may also wish to explore GRC pages / forums within the other communities across SCN. On these communities you'll find a variety of resources that the community has contributed. Also check out the "articles" tab on the top of the page -- you can do a search for relevant documetns across all the communities on SCN.

Best,

Heather

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

surs_mittal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have just entered GRC area as a finance functional consultant. I understand that my role will be mostly in identifying the process/functionality related area.....but is it possible to share some information on GRC purely from functional point of view....

thanks,

SM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gino - congrats on passing TERP10. Al is a very good teacher, and by definitio to pass you have rto be a good student! I'll echo Heather in that the best thing to do is actually visit the BPX and SDN communities and a) post a question their forums - there are hundreds so there will always be one on pretty much your exact topic and b) take a look at the articles and blogs because again there are thousands upon thousands of those - partly because the community has upwards of 1.7 million members. You're sure to find someone helpful and in fact a few of our members have generated results to fulfill survey requirements.

All the best

Martin Gollogly

Director, University Alliances

United Kingdom and Ireland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I teach SAP GRC and have special focus on this subject. If you have any specific queries I would be happy to collaborate and provide insights. The GRC space is continuously evolving and to focus on the gaps best suggestion is to connect with some Executives and VPs in SAP end user communities to understand their real life perspectives and challenges. That's the best practical perspective. Practioners and teachers like us can provide the real life execution perspective, but it is crucial to learn from C level what their biggest gap challenges are and there are quite a few evolutionary needs in this space as I have been practicing for past 12 years or so in risk management. Remember the term GRC did not even exist before 2006/2007 technically when analsysts coined the term. The principles have existed for as long as human beings have conducted business.

I suggest reading publications like Compliance Week besides software to understand real life issues that we are trying to solve.

Best

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

Remember the term GRC did not even exist before 2006/2007 technically when analsysts coined the term. The principles have existed for as long as human beings have conducted business.

Hi Bhavesh, I picked this up when doing a search. The term GRC has been used extensively for as long as I have been working in SAP Security, Audit and Business Process Controls (10 years). It has been used in risk management for years.

In this case SAP has taken a subject and named a product after it. I agree with you that the principles have been used as long as business has been done!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I would like to Thank all of you for taking your time to respond to the queries, will be looking forward to any more information.

@Alex Thank you for your valuable participation in the study it is much appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gino,

we're very interested in your study. Maybe we can get in contact to share the results from your study? I would very much appreciate it!

Can you drop me a line?

Regards

André