Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Issues -i-

former_member283645
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I just want to know how will we work with issues in MDM.

Once a Repository is designed..

1) When i try to import the source data with a predefined map, if the input source file has a field value missing..

will the import be stooped at that movement ?

or

throws a error message and continues importing the rest of the data in file?

or

throws a error message and stops importing??

let me know what just happens and what we need to do? and is there any verification method to AVOID such situation before importing ??

2) When i try to import the source data with a predefined map(OLD) which does not have a field in it and my destination table that field it, Can i just map my source(new field) with destination field and SAVE the map (so that the new field mapping is included in the same map) ?? or we need to use SAVE update??

Request all Experts to have a look at my questions and provide their answers.

Kind Regards

Eva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Eva

1. Import will not happen and we can see an error message in Import Status for mapping the new value.

2. If you are using Automatic import and the import fails due to missing value mapping then we shouls use Save Update option otherwise just save option will work fine.

best regards

Ravi

former_member283645
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

My first query

1) When i try to import the source data with a predefined map, if the input source file has a field value missing..

Import will not happen and we can see an error message in Import Status for mapping the new value.

-> if there are 10 records with 6 fields init.

My value is missing at record 9 field 4.

So can i assume that all the 8 records are imported successfully??

-> Once i see the error message in import status, i need to correct the input file and re-import the file again? this time only with 9and 10th record in my file?? am i correct??

2) When i try to import the source data with a predefined map(OLD) which does not have a field in it and my destination table that field it, Can i just map my source(new field) with destination field and SAVE the map (so that the new field mapping is included in the same map) ?? or we need to use SAVE update??

If you are using Automatic import and the import fails due to missing value mapping then we shouls use Save Update option otherwise just save option will work fine.

-> So SAVE Update is used to update the MAP whenever we use automatic Import.

SAVE is used when we manually import?? am i correct??

Some documents say that 'save update ' is used to update the header info of map? what does that mean?

Kind regards

Eva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eva

1. Once i see the error message in import status, i need to correct the input file and re-import the file again? this time only with 9and 10th record in my file?? am i correct??

No if there is error message in Import status tab MDM will not allow to import the file. First the mapping has to be completed and then all the 10 records will be imported in one go.

2. -> So SAVE Update is used to update the MAP whenever we use automatic Import.

SAVE is used when we manually import?? am i correct??

Yes this is the correct understanding.

best regards

Ravi

Answers (0)