cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measurement conversion from hectare to acre not working correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have BE on which we have the following measurement:

Total Site Area (Hectares) (TSAH in short)

Total Site Ares (Acres) (TSAA in short)

The second one (TSAA) is in the nature of a TOTAL MEASUREMENT TYPE and when I click on the summation symbol I find the formula: TSAA = TSAH x 2.4710.

I have put 1 in the amount colm for TSAH. i should have seen 2.4710 in the amount colm for TSAA. However when I see the amount for TSAA, it is showing 6.105. This I found that is nothing but the square of 2.4710 (ie 2.4710 x 2.4710).

I checked the Measurement Tab in IMG under the following path : RE-FX - master data - basic settings - measurements.

Under the first node, Define measurement type, I found that TSAH is created with the tick 'on' in the Ar.Ms box only. TSAA is created with the tick 'on' in both the 'total' and well as 'Ar.Ms' boxes. For both these measurement types, it is allowed to be used for BE.

Under the second node, Define total measurement, I found that 'source measurement type' is given as TSAH and the 'Total measurement type' is mentioned as TSAA, numerator is 247101 and denominator is 100000.

i dont know of any other configuration that should be checked. This is affecting the measurement for all the master data and not just BE.

Can someone please let me know how to rectify this error?

regards,

Suvarghya Dutta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Define Total Measurement:

TSAH TSA HEC TSAA Total Site A AC 2.471 1 HA ACR

I have my Numerator = 2.471 and my Denominator = 1

and the calcualtion seems to be working fine.

(just untick the manually box and it works !?)

MeasTp Med. Name of Meas. Type DefUnit Total

TSAA Total Site Area (Acres) ACR X

TSAH Total Site Area (Hectares) HA

TSAA Total Site Area (Acres) 2.471 ACR @3Z\QMeasurement Is Totals Meas.@ @1P\QOutside of Object Time Period@ 0

TSAH Total Site Area (Hectares) 1 HA @1P\QOutside of Object Time Period@

TSAA Total Site Area (Acres) 4.942 ACR @3Z\QMeasurement Is Totals Meas.@ @1P\QOutside of Object Time Period@ 0

TSAH Total Site Area (Hectares) 2 HA @1P\QOutside of Object Time Period@

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Morne,

I think the reason for the numerator and denominator is to show what proportion of the source measurement should be included in the target (total) measurement.

Since we need to include the whole of it here, I feel the numerator and denominator should both be 1. From what I found in the SPRO is that under SAP Netweaver - General settings - Check units of measurement, we maintain the conversion factors. THAT is where we define that both Hectare and Acre will be AREA measurement and also we define the relationship of these units with the SI unit of measurement for area, which is squared meter.

The conversion from Hectare to Acre is therefore controlled from this node and I feel we should not define the conversion factor in the Numerator and Denominator of the 'Define Total Measurement Type' in IMG.

I would request other experts to kindly clarify if my understanding is correct. After making the numerator and denominator to 1,1, now I am getting the correct results.

Regards,

Suvarghya Dutta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suvarghya

I agree with you.

Interessting;

thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I shall treat this thread as answered except if someone can kindly let me know how to process the EXISTING master data records. One way could be to run a mass LSMW thus overwriting the field with the same value. This will have the effect of the correct total measurement to be reflected. But is there an easier or simpler way for doing this?

Regards,

Suvarghya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Preliminary investigations showed the following results:

The system is treating Hectare as an unit of length instead of as unit of AREA. Thus when I mention that Measurement shows 1 HA, the system is assuming that it is a piece of land for which the Length x Breadth = 1 hectare.

Now since 1 Hectare = 2.4710 Acres, the system is now treating the length and breadth of this land as 2.4710 acres each and therefore giving the result of 2.4710 (length) x 2.4710 (breadth) = 6.105 squared acres.

But this is not correct as the proper answer for an area of 1 Hectare when expressed in terms of Acres, the answer should be:

1 (HA) x 2.4710 (Acr) = 2.4710 Acres.

Can someone please guide me how to correct this logic in the system.

Regards,

Suvarghya Dutta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It seems that the problem arose because of maintaining the Numerator and Denominator for the conversion factor. The numerator and denominator is meant to be used only in those cases where a part of the measurement type is to be included in the total measurement type. After we changed the numerator and denominator to 1 each (thus implying the WHOLE of the measurement type to be included), the system started giving proper result. Now when we are trying to CREATE a new master data with these measurement types, the system is giving correct result.

However for the EXISTING master data, the system is still showing the old incorrect figures. Is there any way other than a LSMW loading that we can rectify the EXISTING master data?

Kind regards,

Suvarghya Dutta