cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPCCMSR and SAPOSCOL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus.

I have installed sapccmsr on database server and registered the agent in central instance. ( release 700).

In OS07 I see the message, tah SAPOsCOl is not running. Do I need to install SAPSocol as a service, prior to sapccmsr?

Regards

Vladimir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valdimir,

Please refer a very good & useful wiki link for details about SAPOSCOL

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SI/SAPOSCOL

"The operating system collector SAPOSCOL is a stand-alone program that runs in the operating system background. It runs independently of SAP instances exactly once per monitored host"

To install SAPOSCOL as a Windows service, please refer SAP NOTE 436186. Also refer SAP NOTE 548699

Best Regards,

~~ Pradeep Bishnoi ~~

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir,

SAPOSCOL should be installed on every host of your SAP landscape.

SAPCCMSR is the CCMS-Agent for non-SAP systems, so it is right if you install it on a db-server (with no SAP AS on!) as a service..

You mentioned that you registered SAPCCMSR at the central instance. Please be aware that this "central instance" is going to be the "central (monitoring)system" of your landscape. Just to make clear: SAPCCMSR (in ABAP world) has to be registered at the CCMS-CEN system, not at the local central instance.

Hope this helps you..

Regards,

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Valdimir,

SAPOscol is Specific to a instance. I think you have to install SAPOSCOL seperately and there is no dependency as such. But its better to have SAPoscol installed and running before configuring the SAPCCMSR.

Kindly revert for any issues.

Thanks,

Jagan