cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assemble-to-Order with External Procurement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear colleagues,

I am trying to figure out how to deliver an assemble-to-order process to my client without having to create planned orders. My client's environment is such that PP is not in place.

The business requires an assembly process, but always with external procurement.

Has anyone come accross an identical requirement and if so, can I please ask for suggestions on what strategy, strategy group should I use?

Thanks and regards

Kikas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Perhaps I did not phrase my question correctly.

Yes, 100% - Assembly is PP. Let me see if I can explain.

The client's process is as follows:

Inquiry - Costing and Pricing - Quotation - Sales Contract - Equipment Commissioning (e.g. server) with warranty and serialisation - Commissioning Complete - Maintenance Contract.

I would like to be able to trigger the "commissioning" from SD - I am not sure how I can go about it:

1) - Assembly with Planned Order (PP) but very limited since PP is not in scope and all materials are externally purchased;

Is it possible to use a planned order with externally purchased materials only? If so what would be the process?

2) - "Assembly" with perhaps a PM refurbishment order - PM04.

I have never done this so I am unsure if this is possible; I was hopping to be able to achieve this by creating a new requirement class similar to 203 (assembly static) but assigned to order type PM04 instead of PP04 - do you think this would be possible?

Thanks so much for your help

Kikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kikas,

CS - Sale of Service may be suitable for you.

Babu

Edited by: BabuCS on Aug 26, 2009 12:02 AM