cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM Customizing: Assignment of Business Objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing a problem while customizing the Change Request Management Workflow in Solution Manager:

Can anybody tell me, what can be done in customizing node "Assignment of Business Objects"?

What is this meant for?

Is there any documentation about it out there?

Thanks in advance for any hints.

Regards

benwen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please, does anybody see the activities mentioned above in SPRO (SP19)?

I would be grateful if anybody could explain the meaning of "Assignment of Business Objects"

r_rajeshkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Recommend you to go through the IMG Activity documentation by expanding the node "Assignment of Business Objects".

You will get required information.

Regards,

Rajesh Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your answer!

I wouldn't have dared to bother you if I hadn't read this docs before

Please let me be more specific. This paragraph is from the doc in SPRO:

Authorization for Actions

Use

Users who perform activities for documents in the Context tab of a transaction need authorization for the authorization object SM_CHM_CO. You can specify which activities can be performed on documents in the Context/Customer Fields tabs for which transaction types.

Activities

Put the authorization object in the user role.

My questions are: What is meant by "Context tab"? Which kinds of "documents"?

Futhermore the "Activities" paragraph is not helpful at all. They could write "Activities: Perform the action" as well

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benwen,

This customizing section essentially does the same task as can be done under node:

Change Transaction> Change Transaction Types> Consistency CHecks in Change Request Mgt

Basically these context conditions are the checks system performs when you change the status on your correction documents (Urgnt/normal corrections).

Basic Settings - Help you configure what messages you want to display and whether messages are error, warning, information msg etc.

Assign conditions to status values - it helps you configure what checks should be performed on a particular status transition (say when you change status from 'created' to 'in development').

Hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards,

Kriti Bhalla

former_member385033
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Benwen.

This is what I unbderstand.

The context tab isn't really a "tab". SAP means the context menu in CRMD_ORDER . You can find it by switching to the 'extended' view of this transaction by using the "Transaction data" button. Go to tab "Customer Fields". Here you can now assign objects - thats the meaning of that IMG path. These objects are documents from a SMI project , a Solution , a task list, or a Solution Manager Implementation/ Maintenance project directly.

Context tab here means the context menu by using the right mouse button. Which "activities" are available in this menu at a certain status is defined by the customizing (BC-Set, specify and assign context conditions ...).

Best Regards,

Holger Slomka

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you let me know, where are you looking this node "Assignment of Business Objects", since, I cud not find the same in CHARM customization in SolMan.

Thx,

Waseem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can find this node in SPRO: SAP Solution Manager->Scenario Specific Settings->Change Request Management->Extended Configuration->Assignment of Business Objects.

The activities under this node all start with SOLMAN_CH_STRUCT_...

(I am using SolMan SP 19 -> maybe the IMG path is different in older patch levels...)

Edited by: Benwen on Aug 25, 2009 1:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

ya... am using SP16...