cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove inspection type in QM view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to remove an inspection type in QM view in Material Master. Normally a straigth forward process. However, we have a number of open inspection lots assigned to this material. In these very old inspection lots there are serial numbers assigned which are used for traceability of our goods(gas containers). These serial numbers are now located at our customers stock, and if I now Accept or Reject the inspection lots, these serial numbers will be moved back to our stock.

I would like to remove/delete the inspection lots. An alternative process could be to remove the serial numbers from the inspectoin lots. Until now, I haven't found any solution to this situation.

Then, in order to remove the problem in the future, I need to remove the inspection type in QM.

Has anyone come accross a similar problem?

Thanks in advance!

Br,

Lars

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lars

Go to OMS9 and deselect the Inspection tab . Secondly , as you have created sales orders with inspection lot and serial numbers then Put the Reason for Rejection for those sales orders and then close those sales orders and then create the

sales orders again without QM view and serial number lot

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinath,

thanks for your input.

This issue is related to production orders. I don't see how I can change a setting in a customizing table and still be able to create inspection lots for other materials. As mentioned earlier, I should only change inspectoin lots for 1 material. Other production orders in process should still be able to create inspoection lots with serial numbers.

Br,

Lars

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lars

As you want to change the Inspection Lot for one material then go to QE52N and close the validity period and close the inspection lot by validity periods and create again the new Inspection lot for that material. But if you want to relate it to production orders then , once if you close the open sales orders then there wont be any production orders also

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinath,

QE52N does not exist in our system (4.6 C). QE52 exists, but there are no charcteristics assigned to this material as the inspection type was created by a mistake. What we need to do is simply to deactivate the inspection type in MM, but of course this is not possible when inspection lots already exists:-)

All the related production orders/sales orders are already closed. I guess this sounds a bit confusing. The reason is that we use two material numbers when we are producing our products. One material number for the finished goods and one for the container. The finished goods is what is being sold and produced. The container, in this case a gas container, is a rental product to the customer. The material we are struggeling with is the container and this material is only connected to the finished goods, not to the sales order/production order.

Br,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

You can use transaction OMS9. Here select the field se. group field and select the hide radio button for the transaction which ever u need.

Regards,

Arun.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

thanks for your quick reply.

I'm not sure if this solves my issue. As this is a customizing table in our system, I don't want to change this setting since it is relevant for one material only.

Basically, what I want to do is delete or post the inspection lot without moving the serial numbers that are assigned to the inspection lot. The best would of course be if it was possible to delete or remove the serial numbers from the inspection lot, but it seems like this is difficult since the serial numbers are assigned to a material document as well.

Thanks,

Lars