cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO with basic authentication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to integrate an external application to the Portal using the appintegrator iview. My external application is configured for basic authentication; which means that the browser will pop up a window asking the user name and password.

I got some web log which explains how to configure the appintegrator iview to integrate external apps (like yahoo), but all of them have a form-based authentication. But my external app is having basic authentication.

Has anyone implemented such a scenario? Or do you have any idea about the changes that have to be done for basic authentication scheme?

Regards

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

As long as I know there is no way to do that.

I opend an oss message maybe half a year ago and couldn't get any clear answers.

But I can say that you need to use it from the server side because IE doesn't support basic auth embeded in the url any more.

Anyway a follow-up coding might be solving this issue(That's what OSS said, i didn't get it though).

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/61/2f0e84397f47919ac91ac712c90dfd/frameset.htm

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Nash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nash,

Is it possible to give me the OSS number?

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Unfortunatelly it's our customer's and also written in Japanese...

But what they said is you can implement basic-authentication with note#779865 and if you want further info about coding you need to ask the sap consulting service. That's their answer.

Regards,

Nash

Answers (0)